Injured elbow skiing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondering if I should get elbow checked out or leave it heal on its own.

I was skiing 5 and a half weeks ago and I had a pretty hard fall.

When I stood up I felt pain in my elbow. I continued skiing the next day as there was only a slight bit of pain.

At this moment I am doing pushups and dips and I do not feel any pain. I have an office job and do not experience anything like tingling.

However I do feel some pain in my elbow if I do irregular movements (I don't get this in my other elbow).

Also I get clicking in my elbow.

All advice appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would, sounds like you may have at the very least chipped a bone. Always better sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

• Posted

Definitely get it checked.  Make SURE they at least do an Xray!!  I injured my elbow sometime somewhere.  I have no idea when or where, but now I have unbearable pain that has been creeping up for several years, and I am now at the point of surgery will probably be my only option.  
  • Posted

Got my X ray results today and there is no abnormalities.

My GP doctor said that an MRI would be the next thing to get done if I am experiencing problems.

Should I get this done?

I just have clicking/snapping in my elbow when I contract/flex it.

Exercising (running and pushups) don't cause any problem.

Just a little concerned if there is any nerve, joint issues that I should have checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.