Injury worries and advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

been punched hard loads of times in my arm in the sensitive area as you can see its sore and just worried it might cause a blood clot or something serious put some ice on but need some advice and im scared so please let me know any advice welcome

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Han, Repeated hits can cause bruising(something you should not allow someone to do to you, if against your will...please tell somebody) if your lower arm starts to swell, and your fingers get tingling or feel cold OR if your lower arm swells, feels warm, turns red, or if you feel any lumps(DO NOT put pressure on them or massage them)...you should see your DR right away!! It should feel really sore, maybe even heavy and minor weakness, there are broken blood vessels that cause it to turn colors, red is new injury...Day 1(use ice for 15 min at a time for first 12 hrs- 24hrs, purple/blue bruising Days 2-4( try ice or heat or nothing whatever feels best), green/yellow... blood is being reabsorbed into your system and it is healing, shouldn't be hurting as bad or at all...Good Luck, hope its better soon!!! Best Wishes๐Ÿ’’โ˜ฎ๐Ÿ€๐ŸŒˆโ™พ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’ž

• Posted

thanks get so worried was healing but got a cut today felt a bit sick and chills but normal temperature just concerned i might have sepsis ? and the doctor looked at my bruising and said it was hetatoma

• Posted

Hi Han, yes... a hematoma is solid clotted blood, like I told you there was bleeding under skin(bruise), and it clots(its supposed to) it can cause one or several lumps... If you just got cut, it would be rare to have sepsis as it takes an infection first...if you're concerned phone a Dr, AND IF ... it is deep or long it may require stitches within first 12 hrs or if it wont stop bleeding, go right away...If your cut turns red around the edges, pain, itching, has pus and swelling it may be infected, any puncture or cut deeper than a scrape by metal or anything with dirt, requires a tetanus shot(good for 10yrs but, nothing to play around with)...watch the area and blood vessels around where the cut is, if you see a red line from it, you need to go in...keep it clean(soap & water, alcohol),& covered... you can use a topical antibiotic ointment, some have anaesthetic...Hope both things heal quickly, come back if you need to...Good Luck๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’žโ˜ฎ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽถ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.