Innapproprite message

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi everyone ...I only joined this site last night as recently diagnosed. Had some nice responses to something I posted then a random private message , someone saying they had a brain tumour, but trust in God, give them some money blah blah blah...I think it's really inappropriate that scamming is going on , especially when people may already feel vulnerable on a medical site..I can't seem to see anywhere I can report this to ? Can anyone point me in the right direction... Kind regards x 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had this private message also last night, I will just ignore it and hope nobody else falls for this scam .
  • Posted

Hello

I had the same message as you and was quite put out by it.

Just ignore it!

I don't think the web site can deal with the scam messages anymore than my email system.  I just delete them.

It is annoying seeing as we are all suffering with horrible conditions!

I wish you well.  This site is good in discussing conditions and for help.

Keep on it.

Regards.

Jan

• Posted

Hi - yes I've got the exact same message. Not what I expected on here at all. Worry is it can infect your phone iPad etc. Just by opening it. I had that happen before a few years ago. Luckily my son is an IT manager so he fixed it. Otherwise it can cost!!!!! No idea who you report it to on here either !!
    • Posted

Hi Okpeeps,

To clarify in case you are worried - just opening a private message on this site will NOT infect any device but if you follow any links in the message then yes, there is a risk. So do not open any links but report the message if required.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

I got that too and I reported it. At the bottom left of her message there's a symbol, I believe it's a fog. Just click on that.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone... There's some horrible people about ! I did write back saying your sick ! 
  • Posted

Alan is the moderator here and webmaster. Every post and message has a faint 'report' button in the lower left corner. This sort of scam hardly ever happens here. Alan will delete the scammer's account in no time.
  • Posted

Hi all,

As a couple of users have said, if you get any Private Messages like this please report it using the link. This is better than ignoring it so we can deactivate the account if required as I have done in this case. We cannot stop these type of messages but can only take action if they are reported so it is better if a lot of users report it rather than none.

For reference there is an FAQ section linked at the bottom of every page in the forums with info on this and other topics. The link goes to

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.