Innapropriate Sinus Tachycardia sometimes able to exert myself.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve been diagnosed with innapropriate sinus tachycardia and when I was first diagnosed it was really dibilitating. Now I have improved somewhat. Today when I went hiking with my family I brought my chair and dispute being dizzy I was able to really push myself and didn’t have a coughing fit like I used to. I had a lot of fun and was able to get arround really well getting myself over humps and such. I started to feel it more when we went up a particular hill but was fine. It wasn’t until later that I started to really feel it. Dizziness and nausea and pulsating sensations of wooziness. I was talking to my dad about getting a wheelchair more long term even if I don’t use it all the time because I also have arthritis and it can become very painful to walk and using the wheelchair would be easier. My dad who has been wholeheartedly supportive up until this point was questioning why stating that isn’t it the goal to avoid a wheelchair at all costs. Then feeling defensive when we went to this cat cafe place and when there was worry that I’d run over the cats I kinda crawled arround the floor maybe trying to prove something or something. Or I don’t know. I was feeling quite unwell at that point and I think that I got stuck on the idea that I shouldn’t walk arround so I took it too far. I also have autism and can get stuck on stupid things and I had said I’ll just stick to the floor and I guess kinda felt like I had to stick to it. I don’t know it was stupid. Later when I did try to stand to pet a cat after playing arround with it on the floor and pushing myself I didn’t stand long before I turned arround and had to sit because of how poorly I felt. I’m hurt that my dad is doubting me now and ashamed that I let myself be stupid. Has anyone else with a heart issue experienced periods when you could push yourself and didn’t feel ill until later? What do you guys think of the situation? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would be concerned about pushing yourself when you have IST.  If you don't already have one, see if your dad will buy you a smartwatch or sportswatch with a heart rate monitor, so you can tell when your heart is racing.  My IST is intermittent, so I never know when I can exercise or not until I check my resting heart rate and maximum heart rate.  If your heart rate goes above 200 minus your age you should not push yourself. 

All the best for your multiple health challenges.

Katherine

• Posted

I was diagnosed with the same thing, but I think it may not be entirely accurate. You seem to have it a bit worse than me. So you seriously need to make lifestyle changes. I had no choice. My diet, activity, routine, most everything has changed. But when you consider the alternative, it's a small price to pay. Ask your doctor for a loop recorder implant. Also, it's very important to keep a medical log or journal. Every time you have an episode, no matter now minor, enter it in your journal. Record all details; date, time, place, activity, severity, vital signs, what you ate. Keep this updated at all times and give copies to your doctor. Make it easier for your doctor to help you. Give them all the information you can! This is critical in treating this. Also, eliminate caffeine. Yup, seems impossible for most of us, but I've gotten real fond of decaf coffee, it's not bad. Reduce alcohol, junk food, smoking and anything else bad for you. I know it seems impossible, but many people who don't have our problem do this. It's just a good thing to do for your body. Know your limitations in activity. Don't push yourself! As for the chair, well perhaps give it a try. Doesn't mean it has to be permanent. Good luck and feel free to contact me with any more questions. Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.