Inner ear disorder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have almost constant “on a boat” sensation. Sometimes it gets so bad I feel like I’m going to faint. I had a vestibular test done but I couldn’t complete the air/water pressure test. The doctor still said that I don’t have an inner ear disorder but every time I yawn or chew, I hear/feel some sort of bubble in my left ear. It’s always itchy as well. 

What can I do to get rid of this bubble so that I’m not dizzy anymore sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did Tha ck really good in yr ear.. it took my dr, you'd think my ENT would have found it, to find a growth dwn deep in my ear so now got to go back to ENT. I'm really hoping for a fast ,easy fix. Iv had vertigo, tinnitis and just strange sensations like a little wobbly feeling as well as eye aches..hope you gt answers

• Posted

Hello,  Haven't any of the doctors you've seen mentioned you could be suffering

either MENIERE'S DISEASE or LABYRINTHITIS ??  both of these conditions

cause dizzyness really badly.  I think there is medication you can take for them.

If that isn't the case the you probably have EUSTACHIAN TUBE DYSFUNCTION.

Known as ETD......blocked ears where fluid (mucus) is trapped making the tubes

stick together.

Depending what country you're in is whether you'll be able to get the medication

I'm currently using that has helped me.  I don't think ETD causes the feeling like

you're on a boat, more likely to be one of the above, that are viruses.

Hope this has been of some help.

Anne

• Posted

PS......google your symptoms and read what it says to see if it's the same as you're suffering

Anne

• Posted

Hi KKlove, Do you get the dizzy spells all the Time, or is it worse if you do something like get up out of a hot Bath or Standing quickly after crouching down? Where about does it feel like the bubble is? If you put your fingers just behind your Ear Lobes is it there or higher up? The Itchy feeling often shows up after any damage has started to heal itself, Did you notice it come on quickly or was there any periods where you were dealing with pain? Are you able to pop your Ears? AL 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.