Inner ear problem?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I have had chronic sinusitis since early last year. My doctor thinks it's affecting my ear/inner ear because I have been having balance problems, not a spinning sensation but as if the floor is moving up and down. Some days it's worse than others, but either way I hate it. Some things that trigger the balance issues are walking in the dark, open spaces like malls and stores, watching cars move, watching crowds move... and sometimes riding in the car makes me woozy. The nurse cleaned my ears a few weeks ago and when she was cleaning my left ear I got SO dizzy and off balance, but a few minutes after she was done I felt so good, like the best I've felt in forever, but the symptoms were back the next day. I've also noticed I can't lay down or sleep on my left side without getting dizzy. I get occasional ringing in my ears but my hearing has always been fine. Does this sound like an inner ear disorder? Thanks. 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am also facing similar issues. I have balance problem while walking in open space, malls in closed room. I also feel beats in my head on left side while sleeping. I have taken several treatments and it turns out that I have vertigo. But after taking treatments also I am not cured completely. I have done brain MRI and it shows I have type II AICA loop in my left ear.

• Posted

i have the same thing! except what started as vertigo has now turned into a heavy head that makes me lightheaded!

I was fine leading up to the new year. Then in January, I got flu like symptoms and as i was getting over it, i developed vertigo!

then a couple weeks later and ear pressure/facial tension followed. Now heavy head that makes me nauseous at certain points.

So odd

• Posted

it sounds inner ear related. Shopping malls, airports, I avoid them like the plague. can you see your doc and ask for a caloric test. it would determine if you have damage in the ear. If it's BPPV maybe you can get someone to do the Epley Maneuver, there are You Tube videos that show you how to do it yourself. best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.