Inner ear problem or brain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello.

i have : Unilateral Tinnitus in left ear, Severe vertigo, a vague, dull, constant ache behind eyes, inside ear area, fullness, severe fatigue, sometimes I get sudden chills.

once or twice lately ive woken up with numb fingers and i dont know why

can anyone help?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

well i am sorry you are having issues I think you should have an mri to be sure. You might have minieres disease. The buzzing of the hands could indicate a brain tumor. If you rule out a brain tumor with an mri, goto a good ent to address the ear symptoms. i hope this heplps

• Posted

yeh I have an MRI booked for 12th Nov but its private and its a bit of a wait until then since I am very worried.

could be an acoustic neuroma also, since its very involving of the hearing / balance aspect. unilateral tinnitus is a sign of a.n.

dont tumors cause sickness,seizures and nausea alot though?

• Posted

can anyone help me last night I had a weird turn..

was having a kind of localised pain around ear area, behind eye kind of. then the vertigo started but severe.

i felt confused and i started uncontrollably shivering as though i was cold. i felt as though my breathing was laboured and i felt just dizzy, confused and slow

went to a and e and they took my bloods and did an ecg.. said both were normal..

i keep having these episodes but theyre getting worse

i have a private mri on the 12th but i really csnt wait until then i am very very worried

• Posted

Hi There!

I have unilateral deafness - tinnitus and dizziness - so I know where you are coming from. I am still under investigation - seen by NHS ENT consultant - now seeing a private neurologist and ENT as NHS waiting list proved endless for neurology. Part of my problem is I am listening so hard to hear people I am getting constant migraines. What you are describing sounds like a bad migraine. Hopefully the MRI will help rule out anything. I have just had my 3rd MRI in a year - so I am hoping to get an all clear. NHS checked me for an acoustic neuroma - but none found - then they lost interest and said it was neurological. Now my neurologist is pretty certain it is ENT - but that I have migraine problem. I hope that this helps. I will admit when I feel funny my heart beats in my head so hard I think I am going to pass out - then I just get a hellish bad head for the rest of the day.

Be kind to yourself. Rest as much as you can. Try not to worry (almost impossible I know) and think positively as you do have an MRI soon. I hope you have a good doctor who can interpret it for you,

Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

I don't want to alarm you, But your condition seems to be rather alarming. This is something outside of my domain. But seeing your condition, i am obliged to comment.I hope everything goes well with your MRI.

• Posted

just got my blood results : it shows LOW LYMPHOCYTE, HIGH NEUTROPHIL ans slighlty low PLATELET.

my C REACTIVE PROTEIN is less than one.

could this be lymphoma? maybe that has shown in the brain? or nervous system?

• Posted

Had a head MRI. was fine.

Still having nerve pains in my head neck etc. bowel issues.

doc suspects a systemic infection or something or bowel issues / infection

• Posted

my original symptoms were vertigo, ear pressure and facial tension.

Then it turned into swollen, pressure in my head that caused me to be lightheaded. Vertigo from my eyes went away, just only dizziness internally.

Now I have cold, throbbing sensations in hands and feet along with heart palpitations.

Doctor says inner ear infection can do all this? What do you think?

Also, what did your doctor say was the remedy to having this pain?

• Posted

id like to also point out that my blood work turned out fine.

No MRI as of yet cause doctor doesnt think i need one...

But this all started sometime after having flu-like symptoms in January.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.