inner ear twitching

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 19 years old and i have T and EAR SPAMS/TWITCHES for 5 years now,not only i have strong T i have to deal with this MEM (middle ear myoclonus) wich is very rare condition,basicly my left ear twitches/spasams when i hear sounds like running water,traffic,blow dryer and all that,what is a set of for both ears also is when i hiccup,burp or yawn,but both of my ears twitches totally random also luke it can lasts for 48 hours continuously....I can't go to collage,or do any other activities that are part of normal life,i have cried my eyes off too many times to count,WHY CAN'T NOBODY HELP ME?!PLEASE PLEASR PLEASE I BEG I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE,I UNDERSTAND THERE ISN'T CURE FOR TINNITUS AND YOU HAVE TO GET USED TO IT BUT PLEASE I ALSO HAVE SPASMS IN EARS THEY ARE SOMETIMES PAINFULL,SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE,i am so tired you can't even imagine it...

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I can understand your pain with so much issues, but don't give up that will make more miserable life. I have so many problems including Pulsatile & Tinnitus and that some time make me think that it is worthless life. But it will time come when we will deffinently get some  solutions. So many other people on the streets  are more miserable than we are. Please just pray to God and he will help us one day. Take care. Paul

• Posted

There is always the risk of this not working and so I feel tentative because of your extreme frustration. But I want to suggest two things. Firstly this is going back to human biophysiology. Myoclonus is muscle spasms and nutrients that relate very directly to muscle contraction and relaxation are calcium to contract and magnesium to relax them. As you are certainly getting contractions you may well be short of magnesium and this is a mineral often low or deficient. Please let me suggest initially getting magnesium supplements to take only as bottle suggests for a week or so and if improvement occurs to hold off abd then take a multi-mineral supplement for two weeks or so after that. Please be patient for the times involved. Just to note, if you eat cheese or drink milk or better still eat green veg, then calcium is not a problem. Magnesium by contrast even when in the diet is usually low. Further that clearly you are extremely stressed and that means magnesium will be lost from your body as waste. Stress does this. So again I say please give this a shot. First for a week or so magnesium then a multi mineral which will contain a range.

On the tinnitus, we all know the problem of finding an out and out answer which illudes us as yet. However. What DO we know? We do know stress worsens tinnitus. We do know often 'distraction' often can lessen its effects. I get occasionally, my wife has it near permanently. So, I know there are already several trials going on which experiment with 'white noise' and/or distractive sounds even to put on headphones to play these tones before sleeping or even during sleep. Please google white noise therapy or tinnitus nouse therapy or similar to pick up on that because there may be an app which gives different noises to play. Im saying this because I read about a trial which had some success in giving tones into the ears that were similar to the different sounds of tinnitus people get. I believe there is merit in thid distraction method which teaches the brain to ignore the tinnitis reducing it, sometimes very effectively. My wife suffers her tinnitus very minimally while she is physically working, but is at its worst by far when she is sat quietly, and my wife stresses easily when sat quietly thinking about problems when so most at stress. I have studied nutrition for fully seventedn years, ongoing. I am not a doctor but you can rest assured everything I am saying here is with a serious consideration of your health and wish you very well in the near future. Chris Wiseman

• Posted

Agree on the white noise, I've experimented with dozens of sounds and the one that works best for me is called VIOLET NOISE, found in an app called WHITE NOISE.

• Posted

Great. I really hope you can get somewhere with that. Hope also you'll give the magnesium supplements a shot too followed a week or so later by multi-mineral for a while after that. There is more, but dependent on how the short burst works for you. :-)

• Posted

Sorry mistook your reply as,from aleksandra. Full apologies. I wish you well in.your endeavours too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.