Inner self talk

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anybody else feel like their inner voice won't stop? Not like "hearing voices" psychotic, but a constant inner play by play about how anxious you are or how you're feeling?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Constant chatter in my head. Like talking to myslef but no control over it. I'm trying to stay calm and divert my attention. But no luck there so far. But I have been on meds for 10 days only.

Try to rest. Read something. Anything might help.

Take care x

• Posted

Absolutely. Been on meds for 6 weeks now. First 3 weeks my mind was running at 110%. Still does. Not as bad. Felt like I had no control. It's normal. It'll wear you out won't it?
  • Posted

Yes that's often part of depression and anxiety, and that little voice that sits on your shoulder chattering away is usually very negative too.  I used to wrestle with mine constantly but when I eventually started on this type of SSRI medication years ago, that little voice slowly disappeared and now my head isn't so tired.

When your depression and anxiety start lifting, so will that little voice too.  It's a long slow process to get there, but with patience it'll happen.

K xx

• Posted

Hi, i also have the same annoying voice. Its like im constantly fighting myself if you know what i mean
  • Posted

YES HAD THIS TOO BEFORE STARTING MEDS.

ITS CALLED RUMINATION. LIKE A RECORED THAT WONT STOP PLAYING .  ALL THE WORRIES KEEP GOING ROUND IN YOUR HEAD.  SINCE HAVING MONTH BREAK FROM PARTNER AND STARTING MEDS IT HAS STOPPED. SUDDENLY REALISED THIS A FEW DAYS AGO. CHIN UP

• Posted

I too find my inner voice working overtime discussing everything and not stopping for a breath, the Panic attacks dont help I have been taking 20mgs since early January, I have had a roller coster of emotions, Saturday Night was strange as I went out with my wife and daughters and felt a strange carm which I have not experiances for a long time, Sunday was good too. makes me think that the med is slowly working and its not always one step forward and two steps back, my subconsious has been quite today too.

I hope this continues >>>

• Posted

Yes that's how I began to notice it was working for me - I started occasionally feeling a calmness.  These episodes increased over many months until I felt like that all the time, which has continued for years now smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.