Inner shaking

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wanting to know if any others have experienced this as a symptom of anxiety?

At the end of August I experienced a strange episode where it felt like my heart was beating really fast for a couple of minutes. I was extremely stressed at the time but had never had this happen before and it really unnerved me.

A couple of weeks later I began to get a similar feeling at the point of waking up (in those seconds when you are first emerging from sleep). At first it was occasional but a few weeks later it started happening every morning and also sometimes when falling asleep. I realised then it wasn’t my heart and was more like an internal tremor/vibration i.e. I wasn't visibly shaking but felt I was shaking on the inside.

About a month ago I started to feel the internal shaking 24/7 (although it was still worse on waking/falling asleep) and also developed constant pins and needles and buzzing in my hands and feet. This later got worse with prickles and little muscle twinges all over my body. Blood tests showed my iron was low (I don’t think this is a new thing for me). I haven’t been able to sleep because of the tremor and anxiety about it and am off work. GP thinks it could be a chronic stress response.

I am an anxious person and have been anxious and stressed a lot in life but have never experienced this before. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with it all.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes, it's terrible what's happening to you. I also have these symptoms, in addition, I also panic and my blood pressure increases. I am taking mirtazapine treatment at the moment, which helps me sleep and with negative thinking. I think you need to go to your doctor for treatment, alone you can't solve it, I tried and didn't succeed. At the same time, you should do some tests to rule out other ailments or vitamin and mineral deficiencies. It would be helpful if you could tell us your weight and lifestyle. Discussions on the forum do a lot of good. Don't worry,be happy😊 Easy to say,hard to do ☺️

• Edited

Hi Tria

Out of interest have you been on any antibiotics recently?

In 2019, I developed what's called abormal sensations, I was getting pin pricks etc and strange sensations like something was crawling over my skin. I had a nerve conductive test done and all ok. My neurologist at that time said it could be suspected Fibromyalgia, (thought never diagnosed with it),but the sensations eased and went, but they come back from time to time, especially if stressed.

Last year I was placed on Ciprofloxin and had a bad reaction, I recovered eventually, but every now and then it feels like a tingle like charge is going through my body.

Generally with these thing being stressed will make it worse.

I do take a few supplement, including Magnesium, which is meant to help nerves.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies,

No, I haven't been on antibiotics recently so I cant say that it was the cause. Also all vitamins and minerals are normal apart from the iron. i think it can only be caused by stress but it seems incredible that you can 'break' your own nervous system and end up stuck in fight or flight, as the doctor suggests, especially as I never got the typical shaky feelings some people get when anxious. I have definitely been chronically stressed for about two years though and I've always had issues with anxiety and for about a week leading up to the first event in August i did feel like i had reached a new level of stress which must have tipped things over the edge. Just weird that it came on gradually after that (although of course the stress didn't disappear, just returned to my baseline level which is still higher than most peoples!)

The symptoms themselves are now causing a huge amount of anxiety. At first I was just ignoring it but as it got worse I started to panic thinking it could be all sorts of nasty things and then when it started disturbing my sleep I broke down as I just couldn't cope.

Glad I'm not the only one to experience these weird symptoms though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.