Inner thighs feel like they're going to tear

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi I've noticed recently that I've been developing red stretch marks on the top of my inner thighs and in the area it feels as if the skin is going to tear if it drags on something, like if I'm sitting down and shift slightly, it is quite painful and worrying. I'm just wondering if this is due to the steroid ointment as I've read that it can cause the stretch marks. I haven't put on any weight so they're not due to weight gain. Also is there any way to help with the tearing feeling, maybe some type of moisturiser? I'm not too bothered about the stretch marks, but I think that they are causing then pain, like the skin is really thin in that area. The only thing is I don't put the steroid cream on my thighs, but I don't know if a little bit is rubbing of each time I put it on 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessicat,

I am older...73 and over weight too.  My thighs rub...if only I would lose weight!!  However, to combat that I use cornstarch, with a powder puff.  It keeps the area dry and slippery...no friction.  Maybe it will help you too.  I love this forum...it is helpful to all of us with LS.

• Posted

All I can think of - You could try coconut oil on the stretch marks.  Otherwise perhaps emu oil.  Emu oil has vitamine E added, which heals.  

• Posted

Thanks. For the replays, yeah I've heard so many people praise coconut oil so I might give it a try, do you just use it as it is? Or have to combine it with something? 
    • Posted

I've used the coconut oil today and last night, and already have some relief. Doesn't feel so sore anymore. Thanks for suggesting it 
  • Posted

Hi Jessica. I also find my inner thighs get red with a lumpy rash. I useE45 moisturiser lotion. It does seem to help.

• Posted

It doesn't sound like anything to do with the ointment. Looking back on my summer of bad thighs, it was stress, sugar, and lots of uncomfortable sex. And stress. Eventually it just cleared up. Refrigerated aloe vera juice felt good on them.
  • Posted

Hi Jessicat,

I haven't had exactly the sme symptons as you, but I've had a lot of trouble with my inner thighs since I started using steroid cream. Thinning white skin, severe burning sensations etc.  My gynae said she didn't think It could be the steroid cream as it is supposed to combat soreness but I never had the symptons till I started using it.  I do find that at night when I get hot in bed, creams etc migrate from the vulval area to the thighs with the persperation.  What I do now, is put some sore of barrier cream, Vaseline, Aloe Vera, etc all over my inner thighs before I use the steroid cream elsewhere.  Hey Presto !!  my thighs are much improved, look much better and don't burn anymore.  Worth a try!!

• Posted

Yeah I didn't have the symptoms before I started using the steroid cream either. I'm going to try some creams suggested and hopefully I will see some improvement. Thanks for the replys 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.