Insane burning pain months after Hemorrhoidectomy.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a Ferguson hemorrhoidectomy back in November 2017. One thing I noticed a month after I healed was that there was still this itchy feeling in the lower part of my anus. I thought it was a wound that was still healing, however, in January I experienced the most burning pain possible. To this day I still experience it. Sometimes it's less, sometimes it burns more, but it's with me 24/7. Never stops! I went to see the best proctologists in the whole country that I live in and everybody says my ass is fine. No hemorrhoids, no fissure, no fistula, nothing! 

?Can anybody give me an advice? What could this severe burning be? I am desperate and suicidal, I cannot do anything in this condition. Somebody help me!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Driger

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Driger,

I agree with the post from the website, if you are having thoughts of self harm, please seek help or contact the suicide hotline immediately tel:1-800-273-8255, they also have a live chat if you go to their website.

Now if you were saying that to get your point across I believe it may be scarring that’s is making you itch. Ask your dr if there is any cream you can use for the scarring like maderma. Please if you are having harmful thoughts reach out to anyone for help. 

• Posted

Hi, gracielou,

?There is not that much itch, there's more burn. Crazy burn and only on the lowest part of my anus (where the cut was made). No proctologists found any scarring or anything, that's what worries me. 

• Edited

I'm sorry about my self-harm part.

?I understand you both want to help regarding that, but until my problem (the burning) is not cured, there's nothing else that can help me. 

?I'm still having this and I don't seem to find anybody else with these symptoms. Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to treat it? 

• Edited

Hi Driger,

Had a hemoroidectomy in 2018 and the burning sensation was at high even after two years of operation. I too was in the same situation as you are going through. It used to hit back of the head and was unbearable. Doctors suggested oinments, but it didn't give any relief. I couldn't even walk properly and was limping. The burning sensation has now reduced after following the below procedures. May be you can give it a try.

1. Try sits bath after every bowel movement with the "Betadine" solution.
      2. Sit on Cushions with air circulation.
      3. Walk every 30 mins (Small distance - as much as possible).
      4. Avoid Dairy products and spicy foods.
      5. If you have the burning sensation on the right side, sleep on to your left side of the body.
      6. When you are on the bed (facing upwards), give a small pillow to support the lower thighs. this gives relief sometimes.
      7. Try taking rest as much as possible.
      8. Avoid two wheelers (I used to drive Bike).

Kind regards,

• Posted

Highly recommend Sudocrem. It was a lifesaver with the burning feeling post-surgery. I got mine on amazon but you can find it on eBay. I think you can find it in drug stores in the U.K.  Not sure where you're located. And I totally understand your feeling. It's the worst pain imaginable and the feeling of hopelessness really veers your thoughts to a bad place, but just know it will get better and you're not alone with this. Hope it works and that you have a speedy recovery.  smile

• Posted

Driger,

how are you? did you get better? I just read your comments here. I have exactly the same problem... I don't like to live more.. I had surgery 3 months ago with the hope to get relief but this constant pain doesn't leave me alone...life is disaster for me...what did you do? any better?

• Posted

hi driger,

i hope youre feeling better! epsom salts worked wonders for me!! for my friend too. i dont have a bathtub so i just ordered a toddler inflatable swimming pool, filled it up with warm water, put some salts in it and sat inside until i felt a bit better.. i really hope that itll help you too! x

• Posted

Hello Driger,

I just had a hemorrhoidectomy 3 weeks ago and I have a severe burning on the internal part of my left cheek, it's near the anal entrance and the pain doesn't go away unless I take pain killers and antiinflammatory pills.. It gets worse when I'm standing up. My proctologist says it's normal by this time, but my husband and oldest daughter had the same surgery and the pain went away at their second week. I'm starting to worry about this and started looking up in the web and found your post. Sometimes I think I'm anxious about something that may not happen but now that I read you and the other comments I'm really getting worried.

My question is if you have found any relief with your chronic pain and if so, what did you do?

• Posted

Hello Driger,

I just had a hemorrhoidectomy 3 weeks ago and I have a severe burning on the internal part of my left cheek, it's near the anal entrance and the pain doesn't go away unless I take pain killers and antiinflammatory pills.. It gets worse when I'm standing up. My proctologist says it's normal by this time, but my husband and oldest daughter had the same surgery and the pain went away at their second week. I'm starting to worry about this and started looking up in the web and found your post. Sometimes I think I'm anxious about something that may not happen but now that I read you and the other comments I'm really getting worried.

My question is if you have found any relief with your chronic pain and if so, what did you do?

• Posted

Hello my mom 78 yrs old had hemrroid surgery 2 months ago June 7-2021. and she is experiencing the same painful burning she says she feels her body began to swelling then the burning begans she has tried creams numming. lotions she does sitz baths 4-5 times a day can someone "please" advise what else she can do to stop the burning sensation! thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.