Insane (suspected) anxiety symptoms! Extreme dizziness, lightheadedness etc.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Okey dokey! Finally decided to post in here, 'cause despite the relief I have found with a few discussions here, I feel as if I need to know if anyone can relate to my experiences specifically. I warn in advance, this could go on a bit!

Over the past 8 weeks (pretty much since Christmas day) I have developed some horrendous symptoms and feelings, which so far by docors and therapists, have been labelled as very severe General Anxiety Disorder. I however of course, cannot bring myself to believe that even in the slightest, and am totally 113% convinced that something else more sinister is at play! I got results from a blood test (although I have no idea what they actually tested for) and an ECG a couple of weeks ago, which were both thankfully all-clear. This brought very temporary relief, where I had a few days during which I still had the horrible symptoms, but they didn't seem to really bother me. Inevitably though, this was short lived, and for the past couple weeks, things have seemed to be 1,000,000x times worse than ever... I'm simply going to list all of my symptoms and a few details about them. Non-stop all over weak feeling, fatigue, CONSTANT dizziness/ vertigo/ light-headedness (which seems to fluctuate in severity througout the day), dazed/ confused feelings, ringing in ears from time to time, rather persistent stabbing pains (normall not massively severe but still terrifying) all over chest/ arms/ stomach region, pressure feeling on head a few times a day, weird "lump in throat" feeling that comes and goes during a typical day, dry mouth, disorientation, heartrate appears to fluctuate considerably more than it ever used to (which is one of the most worrying things for me), palpitations and fluttery feelings in back of throat, constant worry and feeling as if something horrendous is about to happen, body temperature changes (I feel the cold a LOT more than I used to) occassional muscle twitches, shortness of breath and an all-over tingling sensation most of the time. There have been other things but these are the most common (most of them are 24/7) and severe.

Another thing I thought I should mention is that I don't really ever have (and if I do, they're certainly not "traditional") panic attacks! This is actually weirdly enough, what worries me most and makes me think that it may be someting medical! As far as I'm aware, most of the physical symptoms of Anxiety are derived from panic attacks? So how the f*** can I be having these symptoms, if I've never really had one?! That's the main thought that's been plaguing me recently... Having said that, I do have very horrific episodes, normall 2-3 a day, where I very suddenly become extremely dizzy and internally hot and faint feeling! Never do I really hyperventilate (or at least not to my knowledge), and usually my heart rate with go up, but not really by a massive amount, and doesn't seem to "pound" really hard like everyone explains during a panic attack. These episodes are normall so intense that I find myself clinging onto whatevers closest to me and shaking uncontrollably whilst fighting the feeling of passing out or dying! They normall last from around 5 - 20 minutes, and come in waves afterwards, leaving me feeling unbelievebly ill for the rest of the day, and in CONSTANT fear of another one.

Sorry to bang on so much but it really helps to wirte this down. I seriously BEG of someone to help me out here and respond, and hope that at least someone else fonds reliefe in reading this! Cheers all xx

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I know how all of these things feel. I have been suffering them all plus more since the beginning of the year, constantly. I've had anxiety for years but this spell has later the longest. The scariest is the pressure I have in my chest/stomach and shortness of breath along with the fluctuating heart beat, fast then slow. So sorry your going through this.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You sound a lot like me! This madness started for me around Christmas too, I ended up rushing myself to hospital. I get basically ALL listed anxiety symtoms, last week I felt normal for the first time. No pain or dizziness but now it's all coming back.

I HATE the health anxiety (worrying about dying) and the weird body pains the most. For the past two days my left elbow joint has been hurting when I move my arm certain ways. Also sometimes when I try to exercise I get fatigued for like half hour. I'm also anemic&I do suffer from depression. I've had one major anxiety attack but most days I'm not consciously anxious so I do t get why I have all these syntoms. It's hard to believe I don't have some other serious medical issue.

I think I understand how you feel.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Man i feel you on all the symptoms your not alone i be feeling confused and all crazy inside also its anxiety

Im gonna go to a doctor to talk about these symptoms im haveing you do the same and hope you get better

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I really know how you feel; I have all of the symptoms you described and have myself very worried about it all. My GP is treating me for anxiety but I'm hesitant to trust him. Are you able to function at work?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You sound like me.  All th classic symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  You can have anxiety, with it becoming a full blown panic attack.  For instance for me it was knowing that I have the anxiety, then comes the "What if" thinking. It would build till I had full blow panic attacks.  You have to come to a conclusion it is your anxiety thinking that is convincing you that it is "something else"  Trust me I have been there.  I have had more relief from "acknowleding and "accepting" that is anxiety.  Once I got in the rythm of telling myself that I could work on dealing with it.  If you have a smart phone I highly recommend an app call "MindShift.  It touches on acknowleding and accepting anxiety. Wish you the best.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up