Insect/spider Bite????? HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi . Can someone give any advice please.

About 8 weeks ago I was outside in garden. When I noticed bottom of right thumb looked like a blister but with 2 little marks in center.

When I popped it , it wasn't like a normal blister it was like a gel type fluid not watery if you know what I mean.

Anyway went to drs got antibotic cream but know its turned into like a hard callus which is now (today) extremley painful. My dr as got me in for a scan as I had to go back due to pain. Ihave other medical issues and on some heafty meds ie Tramadol 400mg plus others yet the pain around this hard lump is sore and painful it has got bigger but there is no redness around it . Its just white.

Can anyone advse please.

Thank you x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi as this is a forum with a very good peer group to advise each other, I doubt there would be anyone who could possibly diagnose something like an insect bite, you need to see your GP or at least go to walk in centre or a chemists if your that worried, did your GP think it was a problem
    • Posted

No problem, just to reassure you, it has been 8 weeks since you were bitten, I personally would not be worried as if it was infected it would be hot and swollen, keep putting the cream on though, are you in UK
  • Posted

Hi Paula! I hope your incident is all behind you now and you are feeling better. I had a similar experience, but was bit by a feral cat. I was put on various antibiotics until one astute doctor recognized the thumb wound was an abscess. Once he cut it off, things returned to their normal state.  
  • Posted

Ugh... first of all, remain calm. Have you been instructed to soak the area in warm or cool water?  Have you tried icing the area or applying heat to help relieve the pain?  On Monday, ring the doctor's office and ask to speak with a nurse for further instructions.  Stay calm and manage the pain as best you can.  GOOD LUCK!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.