Inserting vit C for BV but did not cure it.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I started inserting Vit C about 11 days ago. By the 8th day, I thought I didn't need to insert it anymore, but I got a swiff of the smell and immediately inserted one. I feel it has only helped to control the infection but no fully cured it. How anyone else experienced this? I feel like everyone whose tried it was cured right away sad It's not as problematic because the smell is under control, but I wish I didn't have to wear papertowels anymore. 

Also, I am taking probiotics and a multivitamin. Sometimes I douche with hydrogen peroxide too. 

These methods have been the best I've tried, so I am somewhat relieved, but not fully cured sad

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think we each person has different needs, the Vit C did nothing for ne. Vit B w/folic acid helped me. Also the hydrogen peroxide douche takes the smell way down.
  • Posted

I feel your pain. Bv has returned for me as well. I've never tried the vitamin c though. I'm sorry, you haven't gotten any relief yet of this issue. I'm currently doing the peroxide douche, and taking probiotics. I was using coconut oil, but it does nothing for me. Have you tried tea tree oil?? Someone once suggested adding a couple of drops of tea tree oil to 4 oz of water, and 2 oz of peroxide. I am going to try it tonight. I don't get paid until Friday, and so I'm going to get me some vitamin B, and D supplements. Have you also tried alkanalizing?

• Posted

me too, it didn't work for me.. tea tree oil did help a little I think, at least with the odor, but it came right back... what are you doing with the coconut oil?

• Posted

I've tried a lot of essential oils (big fan of them) But they did not help at all. I am getting the vitamin b and D to ingest orally. Are you inserting them?

• Posted

Oh okay, also really?? I'm going to be so sad if the tea tree oil doesn't work. I'm getting the supplements this Friday, and it's something that's new for me. However, I plan on taking them orally. Although, I'm willing to try both.

• Posted

Oh my really?? I'm sorry. Well, with the coconut oil I've made suppositories, I've put them on tampons and inserted them, and I've used two clean finger to insert it. Then I put a little on my vulva. What have you used this far, and what offered the most relief for you??

• Posted

Let me know how it goes. 

I am going to stop inserting Vit C and start inserting Probiotics. I have a list of treatments I am going to try.

I will insert probiotics, if that doesn't work, I will try frozen yogurt. If that doesn't work then I will try garglic clove with gauze. One of these must work, right? D:

• Posted

Om goodness I am crying right now, I ended up just buying the uncleared vitamin c pills, vitamin d, and pure tea tree oil. I took the vitamin d pill, and inserted the vitamin c pill before I layed down. I also mixed some organic coconut oil I already had at the house, and tea tree and put it on my vulva. I woke up with a lot of discharge, but the odor is like gone. I was skeptical about it, but the smell is legitimately gone. Also, it doesn't burn as much as it did before I inserted it. My vagina feels better. The thing about the vitamin c pill though, does the odor generally stay away the whole day??

• Posted

I am so glad it helped you! You will have more discharge and it will be somewhat chunky also. And it will be orange/redish. The vitamin C might burn a little too, but it goes away. Day #2 I inserted 3 Vitamin Cs, but the smell did not go away until the 4 or 5th day, BUT when it was gone, it kinda returned so I just kept inserting one daily. Day 10th, I haven't inserted one. Today is day 11 and my vagina feels great. BUT I still put papertowels to check for discharge. 

My confidence is back. It's  like I am a new person. The Vitamin C is amazing. I will keep using it every time it comes back IF it comes back. I also am taking garlic pills (non scented) along with probiotics and in process of getting Vitamin B and D. 

I think the most important is to prevent the infection from cominb back with a health immune system. It's a little bit of a lifestyle change, but it is very well worth it. Don't forget to drink tons of water.

• Posted

Okay. What kind of probiotics do you have in mind?? For now, it seems to be working. I wake up with watery discharge. I took a closer look at the discharge today, and it's not white or thick anymore. When inserting vitamin c though did you experience or whiteness dead skin cells in the discharge?? I'm a little alarmed. Is this generally a bad thing? Could it be that my vagina is just cleaning itself out from the infection? Oh okay, and yes something must work. Something has to work.

• Posted

Also, keep me posted on the results. I am glad your confidence is back, and that your feeling better. I agree also though, a health immune system is important. Also yes, I haven't been drinking too much water recently. I need too though. How much were the garlic pills? Yes, I also agree with the lifestyle changes. It is worth it.

• Posted

Hi DD,

It's been about two weeks in a half or so when I started inserting the vitamin C, I stopped doing it on the 12th or 13th day and the infection came right back sad And I think my vaginal cannal  is very sore and it's tender after the treatment. I inserted a tampon and it was very very painful and a little bit of blood was at the end, so I had to stop the treatment, which made me very sad because it was the only thing that worked(kinda)

All I am doing right now is using hydrogen peroxide wipes 3-5 times daily. I started yesterday so we'll see how it goes. It's not too bad because the smell is manageable while using these wipes, which I made myself. Just cut in half the gause pads and put them in a baggy in your pursue. Haven't stopped taking the vitamins nor the probiotics.

We actually cannot put brand names on this blog or else it gets deleted so unfortunately I cannot name it. BUT I would suggest going the more natural route, as in, probiotics and vitamins from a natural brand, ones you can only get through people or small natural stores. I am sure you can find them somewhere or just put up a post op a social media and I'm sure there is a lot of people selling good vitamins and probiotics. 

To answer to your question about the discharge, it is residue from the pill and it could also be dead skin. However, if you feel tendor or pain when inserting the pill, I would recommended stopping because TO ME, it felt like it was injuring me. This treatment has helped many other women, but it does it's different for everyone AND (of course) I was one of the ones that it didn't help.

How has the treatment been?

• Posted

I tried the Vit. C insert and it took the smell away within a couple hours which was a huge relief. I did it for 3 nights but then stopped because I was curious if the BV would return and it did within 2 days and it was pretty noticeably bad. SO, this is definitely NOT a cure. and as far as it being a treatment Im not even sure because Im worried now that if I keep inserting the Vit C I'll have the same problem and it'll start to become too much and cause pain. I am almost at my wits end and thinking about removing my IUD because I am fairly certain that it is the cause of all of this crap. I have been taking probiotics around the clock and I just feel so defeated. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.