insertional achilles tendonitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about a month my foot was really sore when stepping on it. Finally went to my dr and she sent me to a foot doctar. Went there Tues and he did xray and said i have insertional achilles tendonitis. Gave me shoe inserts and put me in a boot.. I went to work 10 hours and first time back to work wearing this boot and oh boy not fun.. very hard to walk in this and my foot is still hurting even in the boot after standing and walking all day. Is this  normal even wearing the boot.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m really not sure, I had surgery and I wish I didn’t because the recovery is too long. Those boots are extremely difficult to walk on without crutches. I would call your doctor and explain the problem your having. Are you icing and elevating? That’s very important. Good luck.
    • Posted

I am icing and elevating and trying to stay off of it the best i can.. this is no fun.
  • Posted

i am icing it and trying to stay off it the best i can. im thinking maybe just have to get use to the boot. you said u had surgery. how long is the recovery for it? I go back in 3 weeks to the foot doc hoping i get good news and not bad news. i have to have neck surgery for i have bulging disc and i have to postpone this surgery due to this foot, i am not a happy camper
    • Posted

Everyone is different in recovery. Some people take weeks others months. I was non weight bearing for over 9 weeks and didn’t really do PT until the end of June and I’m only at 50% weight bearing. Hopefully your much sooner!! If u ever feel down feel free to call me! This non weight bearing is rough. You can message me on Facebook and would be happy to chat😊my Facebook name is Becky Resnick Calabrese 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.