Inside top of legs itchy and a purplish colour

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

i was was diagnosed about two months ago and I am still waiting to see a gynaecologist. My GP gave me EMOCORT 2.5% as the itch was getting bad.  The EMO seemed to work at first but then I think I started having a reaction to it as I got red and sore. Stopped using it and just taking baths with BC and using coconut oils. Seems to be under control right now. But the inside top and back of my legs get itchy and the inside colour is a little purplish. Is this part of LS. Has anyone else had this. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had inner thigh itching, sometimes red bumps. I use a steroid cream when it bothers me, sometimes antihistamine s. No skin discoloration though. I assume this is an extension of LS. ONE DOC SAID IT MIGHT BE AN EXCEMA???
  • Posted

Sometimes I get red spots.  I deb them with Witch Hazel and then they diappear again.
  • Posted

Hi Sue. I was very interested to read about your inner thigh itching and rash. I too have this rash and discolouration.I was diagnosed with LS about a year ago. My rash on inner thigh first showed up 4 months ago and I find plenty of E45 moisturiser (twice a day) certainly helps me. Until I read your post I thought it might be some kind of allergy to food or maybe washing detergent. Do you have a rash anywhere else.I also have an itchy rash on my Lower back.
  • Posted

Hi Sue I also had this rash and discolouration on the tops of my thighs shortly after being diagnosed with LS. I was so sore that i couldnt walk or bear anything touching it. The only thing that soothed it was a luke warm bath in baking soda.. I asked the question as to whether it was related to the LS but neither the GP or my consultant seemed to have any answers. It was suggested that the cream had leaked onto healthy skin after applying it before I went to bed and this had caused a reaction. I applied coconut oil and sometimes sudecrem which eventually calmed it down. Weirdly enough keeping applying a sort of barrier or moisturiser seemed to ward this off and I've never had it again. Hope you get it sorted - jo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.