insipidus symptons vs diabetes type 2

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am always thirsty even when I drink and I often will go upto twenty times a day. The slightest sip of liquid can make me want to go.

I've been like for this for twenty plus yrs, i am pre-diabetic which may explain the above(but only for a few years)

Read about diabetes insipidus and most of the symptons mirror mine. One thing that caught my attention was that one of the supposed differences in symptons between diabetes insipidus and diabetes type 2 is that the urine is clear whereas someone with diabetes is supposed to pass cloudy dark urine.

If I go say twenty times only about 3 have any color, the rest are as clear as water.

Curious those with diabetes causing them to go a lot , how often do you go? 20 times a day normal? Do you find your urine isnt clear?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

More often than not, if the urine is darker than usual there is a possible chance of ketones present. I have been Type 1 for 42 years (childhood onset diabetes) and the colour of urine is not a deciding factor at all. I drink a lot if my blood sugar is high so I suggest you have it checked at the GP - nowadays blood sugar test is painless and easy to have done. I would urge you to do so to check that you are okay.

• Posted

thx reply, ive since read coflicting advice saying clear urine means diabetes and non clear means diabetes!,!,i

i probably have diabetes (i always fail the first test but pass second so never classified as disbetic)and this contributes, but always had this before i had diabetes i just shrugged it of as weak bladder, thats why curious as to how actual diabetes sufferers suffer cause usually you just get vague increase in urine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.