Insomia...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I had vaginal laparoscopy and ovaries removal with anterior posterior repair last Jan. 17, 2018.  This is not the first time i message this site and i got a lot of advises.

This is my big issue today; i am having insomia 3 wks ago already and getting worst.  My legs are shaking and gettng nervous.  I never had this before.  Please help!  Btway, i am turning 62.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Delia.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re going through all of this. 

I’m not too knowledgeable about the procedure that you’ve had. My suggestion would be to speak directly to your doctors. 

Please keep me updated!!!

Feel better.

🤗🤗🤗💕💕💕💕

• Posted

I wonder if you need just a touch of HRT too get over the hump so to speak, then if it makes you feel better you can start weaning off the HRT SLOWLY, SLOWLY, having been there and done this myself, it was a horrible time.
    • Posted

Thank you lyn1951. Glad to know you recovered.   I cannot imagine having this at age 62.  I do not want to get hospitalized again.  Do you mind if I ask how you made it aside from HRT? I need to make an appointment before seeing my gp. My daytime is good but when it's bedtime, it's starting to make me crazy, body shakes, feeling warm and bp starts to raise.sad 

• Posted

I was 51, when my hysterectomy took place, 66 now, and believe it or not, I still get hot flushes occasionally, don't know if we ever get over them completely, as Dr no help at all.

?Best thing that ever happened to me, barring the side effects of lack of ostregoen, Sorry speliing, a very high dose of HRT which I didn't want to be on, but the sweating was so bad I was getting dehydrated, I mean like a waterfall, Dr's didn't know for a start that it was even HRT was going to solve the problem, as they had never seen a reaction like it at day 3 post surgery, so HRT an experiment to see if it would work, like magic, within hours of the tablets, back to normal, then I could recover post surgery, about 6 weeks to back to normal and also back to work.

?From there because I felt so strongly about HRT, local GP weaned me off it over about 18 months, every 3 months he stepped down the dose, minor side effects, and towards the end on minimum dose I was only taking every second day, then every third day, very gently weaned myself.

?Been 15 years now, other than dryness down below, pessaries solved that, never been better in many years.

?What really annoys me is that I had to put up with so many years of flooding, and clots, could not leave house for a week every month, and no help from anybody until I had a massive haemorage at home, 3 units of blood later, I thank they were shocked at how low my blood counts were when they tested.

?D + C after that found endometrial cancer, so rushed through process of hysterectomy even in public hospital in Australia no waiting around if you have confirmed cancer.

?After all that it had not escaped outside uterus, thank god, so was very lucky, lost some lymph glands to check if there was cancer NONE in lymphs, otherwise would have resulted in much more aggesive treatment post hysterectomy, radiation and chemo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.