INSOMNIA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi have been posting for a while about this but really getting beyond a joke,

started with:

Nytol worked one night not the next

Diazepam 15mg not worked

Zolpicone worked one night the gradually less and less over the following 3 nights.

Mirtazapine 15mg worked great first night not too bad 2nd and 3rd night.

Saturday an Sunday night not worked at all back to square one, has made me feel slightly less anxious but as my deepest darkest fear is sporadic fatal insomnia this is doing nothing to quell my fear, Iknow its extremely rare but why cant I bloody sleep.

I am tired i start to nod off so easily and just as I am about to sleep wham i am dragged back to being awake time after time after time all night long I am so fed up with this can ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE OFFER SOME ADVICE back to docs on wednesday she thinks its all anxiety related but I cant seem to make anyone listen that I wasnt anxious I just stopped bloody sleeping I am feeling so frustrated. Have had a brain scan waiting for results just wondered if anyone else has had it this bad. Thank you all x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have experiened very similar issues to you regarding sleep. All I can say is that after being prescribed different tablets including the ones you have listed, the one I find most effective is Stillnocht (ZOLPIDEM) 10mg per night. It has the added benefit of not leaving me groggy in the mornings as well. Might be worth asking your GP if they would consider this to be a suitable option for you. Hope this helps. Good Luck & Best Wishes.
  • Posted

Hi, I've had the same problem no sleep all my life. Like you tried everything but the only one I keep reverting back to is,Tamazapam if your GP would prescribe it you as they are trying to stop people having it because of addiction,but if your anything like me I couldn't care less about addiction,I just as you say want some bloody sleep.            Hope I've been some help .  Take Care
  • Posted

Hi

you need to get the dose of Mirtazapine increased.  You will probably put on weight but at least you should get a good night's sleep.  In my own case, I have agitated clinical depressin so that I'm,editable I awake, it's like a lightbulb is switched on and I get vey agitated, despite being on 2 x 40 mg Propanerolol and 3 x 2 mG Diazepam.

I find the mornings are the worst and by about 6 pm, I start to join the human race, then go to bed and the cycle starts up again.

best wishes

Nessie

• Posted

Hi

I've had similar problems with insomnia, had loads of different meds, am currently taking 15 mg mirtazipine - for 5 months now.  I think my body is getting used to it as it doesn't work as well.  I can empathise with the horror you feel as bedtime approaches and the clunk of dread in your stomach when you keep waking.  We end up worrying so much about not being able to sleep that in the end the "worrying" is the thing that is keeping us awake.  I have completed a course (8 weeks) of CBT, also an 8 week course of Mindfulness which includes meditation (which is really helpful).  However ......... if I could only recommend one thing for you to do it would be to read a book called Say Goodnight to Insomnia by Dr Gregg Jacobs, it's BRILLIANT, I got it on ebay.

I think my chronic insomnia caused anxiety then depression ... I have just been reading on this forum about people trying to withdraw from Mirtazapine and how difficult it can be - my advice would be not to go any higher than 15 mg; arm yourself with the skill to relax your insomnia with this book.

I hope this helps, best wishes nettlefoofoo

• Posted

Thanks everyone its encouraging just to know your not alone xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.