Insomnia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered really bad with insomnia I mean literally to the point of not been able to sleep at all without pills it's not just been since I've been on sertraline it's been ever since I've been suffering with anxiety and depression which is roughly I average about 4 hours sleep with zolpidem and am up every morning between 3/4 and cannot get bk to sleep no matter what it would be nice to hear if anyone else is experiencing this as I am starting to get concerned thx Michelle xx

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I had this experience - had trouble sleeping even when exhausted, even using Ativan, which helped only a little. Also, I started having vividly unpleasant dreams.

This drug works well for many people, but I had to stop using it after more than two months of misery.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Leslie, are you on something else now, did you stop it slowly?
    • Posted

Hi Leslie Ye I'm the same feel exhausted but just cannot sleep how long did u suffer with this? How much sleep did u manage to get on Ativan I've not tried that, I use zolpidem but only get a few hours with it, r u still on sertraline? Has ur sleep improved at all? Michelle xx
    • Posted

I stopped it quickly, but resumed Paxil (which had totally stopped working), and tapered off from there. Using nothing now, as SSRIs have stopped working for me after 15 years of use. It's a tough road, but still better than how bad things got when the SSRSIs stopped - that was THE WORST.
    • Posted

I never slept well whilst on Sertraline, but Ativan was somewhat better that Zolpidem. I never slept well again until I stopped the Setraline.

I could sleep well during the years on Paxil, but it is also sedating during the day.

• Posted

Hi leslie did u take Ativan at the same time as sertraline? I'm willing to try anythin now been up since 2.45 this morning 😞 Anyone else got any tips to beat this? xx
  • Posted

I'm the same .. I take amitriptyline at night and that seems to hekp. I have also reduced the sertraline.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.