Insomnia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Feeling like I've just been dug up after not much sleep. I really need to improve sleeping :S How can I shut down though when my mind is so so busy

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've had some success with a progressive muscle relaxation cd, might be worth a try? I've tried everything!
  • Posted

i get like this when i get panicky.

best thing ive found to calm me down is talking to a friend for a while, reading a book, playing a game or colouring in (sounds childish but it works). 

jess X

• Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

Hi everyone.

Thankyou for great advice.

I must admit, I have a problem when it comes to using my phone late at night.

I think even though I'm getting comfort from the things I'm doing on it, it's disrupting it.

I need to stop posting things late in day I suppose then I won't need to reply. Easier said than done when you live alone though.

Going to try tonight, book before bed and meditate. It's going to be hard.

Yes I'm due Counselling soon and CBT. Hoping it all helps out

• Posted

Hi not for this but it's something that is in the pipeline.

Hoping it will help things out a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.