Insomnia

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies.  My sleep schedule is completely out of kilter.  I can sleep from 4 AM to noon.   Which would be great, however I have a normal work schedule.  Ativan used to help me fall asleep at a timely hour, but no longer does the trick.   Any suggestions?  I have taken an antidepressant for 18 years, which probably has contributed to my insomnia (according to what I have read).  

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My sleep also went cuckoo I was waking up at 4.30am unable to get back to sleep . Begged dr for pills and finally gave me Olanzapine which put me back on a good sleeping schedule . They don’t make you groggy the next day and literally saved me ! 

I only take them now if I need a good nights sleep or have an appt . Also try melatonin and Gaia night time syrup . Medical marijuana knocks you out too and it’s legal in California not sure where you are ? 

• Posted

Hi i also have had insominia for now over a year it wears you down its an every night occurance and i feel i have aged big time because of it i get 2 hours sleep if i am lucky the doctors have given up on me as they just try you on so many different antidepressants some say it anxiety some say its peri i have wine it helps

• Posted

Hi i had major insomnia for months, am on sleeping tablets zoplicone 7.5 mg seem to help me now, have some nights  am not settled, but getting sleep mostly just the other side affects i am dealing with the sweats n depression are awful x  
  • Posted

Was up for 36 hours straight about a month ago. Have been using cbd oil for almost a month. NOT ONLY has it helped with sleep, but the aches/pains have improved. Hope you find some relief.

• Posted

Yes I take the THC chocolate it knocks me out only downside is makes you hungry sometimes in the middle of the night but definitely relaxes you and helps you sleep . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.