Insomnia

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had to come off Mirtazepine last Wednesday after reducing it from 30 to 15 for a few weeks then from 15 to 0 for 2 weeks. The problem is I can't sleep now. How long does it take for insomnia to improve? I was on Mirt for 4 months.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

going through the same thing rn... have you tried taking melatonin?? Alsl, if you dont mind me asking, since you have came off of mirt, do you ever wake up out if your sleep feeling like you cant breathe??

• Posted

How long have you been off it? I have been off now for a week thank god. I am also on Venlafaxine and a small dose of Sertraline. I really started to panic about my sleep 2 days ago because even if I take XANAX or antihistamines I tend to wake up a lot and often just can't get back to sleep. I tend to alternate and one day I would take benzo and another antihistamine. I have also tried melatonin 3mg but it didn't really help or maybe the dose was too low... I will also try to have nights where I don't take anything and I know it will be tough but it will have to get better!!!

• Posted

been off completely for a week also! and the melatonin dose probably was too low. they have extra strength on amazon and it works really good!

• Posted

Would you mind to write what is it called please so I will check. I have melatonin gummies called Sleepwell. How many mg are you taking?

• Posted

i tried to comment it but it wont let me, pm me and ill send you the link

• Posted

I am using my phone and can't see an inbox icon. would you mind to write a name please? Your previous message is still getting moderated. Don't know why.

• Posted

Hi, it takes a few weeks for some sort of normal sleep pattern to return. I take melatonin sometimes and a antihistamines as they make u drowsy. valaren root from health shops is a herb that also helps sleep. going to bed at a set time and maybe reading a little also helps. I'm just about managing now with sleep but it's taken awhile. hope my info helps.

• Posted

Ala and Tempest

Please please be extra careful with taking antihistamines during withdrawal and discontinuance of mirtazapine! You can develop anaphylaxis,

Mirtazapine has antihistamines in a VERY big way. when you reduce or stop your histamine receptors (very complex system) are trying to nomalize up and down regulate to homeostasis) , Taking antihistamines circumvents this healing and can result in flared w/d, prolonged w/d or worse, anaphylaxis. Please be careful!

• Posted

Are you also on other meds? I tend to alternate between Xanax and antihistamines (the last week) , but I will try to have nights where I don't take anything. Even if I take something to help me sleep I still wake up a lot and often struggle to get back to sleep for hour or would be awake since 2-3am.

• Posted

on nothing now. I take propanol for morning anxiety. I only use the antihistamine if I'm desperate so about once, twice a week. I mainly use the valaren root which is a herbal tablet and that helps. I did take pregablin for anxiety but have managed to stop that as well. I have banged a few nights with nothing and do fall asleep but only for 2/3 hours.

• Posted

I suggest getting Phernergan from your pharmacist. It helps with sleep and nausea which are the symptoms Ive been having from stopping Mirtazpine too.

• Posted

Do you take it every day? Do you sleep all night on it? How long have you been off MIRT?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.