Insomnia

Posted , 5 users are following.

my sleep problems are going worse. struggle gettin to sleep staying asleep and am functioning on about 2 hrs a night. any solutions?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Littleviv

I wish I could give you a sure fire thing that would work, but I go through stages of really bad insomnia too. I can cut caffeine, exercise, relax before bed, go to bed not too early but not too late etc, tried herbal solutions and nothing seems to make a difference. I'm on a very low dose of anti depressant which is suppose to promote sleep, but the dose is very low and I don't want to bump it up tbh.

I did take a OTC muscle relaxant which helped, but I don't like taking those regularly. I might try to do yoga or something. It's tough this menopause stuff.

• Posted

I wish i could offer you some tips but sadly i think its just one of those s****y things we have to tolerate. Ive tried everything from herbal tablets,i walk over seven miles a day for exercise,ive tried yoga,anti depressants. Im lucky if i get 3/4 hours a night and thats waking 15/20 times a night. Ive just accepted now that thats the way it is as i was working myself up into a frenzy. I hope you find a solution and please please share if you do

• Posted

Im taking progesterone and for me its not helped one bit

• Posted

You probably aren't taking enough.

200mg oral is recommended to help with sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.