Insomnia and Legs feel like they are turning to stone

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have this severe pain in my legs, its always starts at night.  I have an expensive Sterns N Foster Sleep Bed and it doesnt help.  I invert my legs, curl up in a ball, its just so so bad.  My General Dr. doesnt get it, He put me on Gabapetin but it like a bandaid on something that needs a thousands stiches.  Im in severe pain, only sleeping every other night and that because of the exhaustion.  I lay awake writhing in my bed moving from room to room , bed to bed trying to not wake everyone in the house.  I have tried So many things, tintures, B12, Pain sprays from a chiropractor, Tramadol which wakes me up more and requires at least 2 to even begin to touch the pain, combined with Gabapentin. 

To describe it, it feels like the insides of my legs are turning to stone, they feel heavy, painful.  Im not overweight either.  I get up and shake my legs which gives some relief.  It feels like my nerve ending are outside my legs, everything hurts.  Eventually it takes a toll on my heart, my physical body everywhere and my mood.

I was told its Neropathy, no DUH!  I just want a solution.  There are nights you just wish you could dismantle your legs to stop the pain but thats really just me venting my pain.  I love my long legs but I wish I knew what would end this pain and suffering.

Can anyone relate?  What have you tried.  Im just a girl in Florida who needs some relief.  Wow this is chronic and ridiculous and why or what brought this on!!!!

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi sherry 81017 I am on Google and Twitter._@ldjmcc.Will be looking for you.Will check out your other suggestions.
  • Posted

Hi Sherry, I have suffered with the same thing for the last few years and it's a case of trial and error with the medication. Pregablin seems to be the best of a bad bunch for me but I'm currently weaning myself off that to try Amitriptyline. I have finally been referred tothe pain clinic so hopefully they will be able to help. I hate having to see a new dr and explain the pain to them. Even as I say it, it never seems to make sense. Lkie you I go through phases thinking it would be easier to amputate my arms and legs but that wouldn't help, it's all in our brains so we would probably still suffer
    • Posted

Mancguy I hope they can help you at the pain clinic at least curbing and eliminating the pain as you find the root causes.  Even so , pain management will be a good friend in your life and it is in mine and couldnt make it without some mild Tramadol even use to be on Hydrocodone.  Its so expensive in the USA so if you have to look into expensive remedies try looking into Medical trips abroad as many many Americans and Global planet remedy seekers have taken to countries like Costa Rica, and Other South American countries where you can be seen at a mere FRACTION of the cost USA charges.  It also does good for the soul to rest and refresh and see Doctors who have been trained in more specific areas than in the USA.  India is another one.  Also dental care is available in Costa Rica for at least 60 to seventy percent cheaper for dental implants and crowns.  I mention it because the nerve endings in our mouth affect so many areas of the body and alot of people are still walking around with Mercury filings in their mouth.  Our pesticides are causing cancer and our nerve endings are shot from sugar shock, and further more teeth problem and digestive issues.  As someone abovve mention B12, a simple thing but effection in helping with ENERGY WHICH THIS DRAINS US OF.  If I can help let me know and thanks for reply. 
  • Posted

Your letter explains all thr same things I have been going through.

The pain is so intense at night,I dread going to bed.

I have recently had blood tests which show lack of B 12 so am starting injections 9thMay. I have had the condition for about 3 yrs so maybe it is too late .

• Posted

Dotty B12 does help I have herd and it is an enzyme needed for proper metabolism in order to aid digestive system.  As we know this body is a delicate balance and it seems a little thing can really make a big difference and set us on the road to recovery.  I hope you feel better Dotty its a serious illness when we dont get proper sleep thus affecting so many areas of our life, meandering its way into our social life.SLeep well I hope for all of you the best and appreciate so much your responses and advises and comment.
  • Posted

Hello sherry81017, have you tried getting cherries. They have a natural anti inflammatory.If you eat four to five before bed they help.Getting to many will give you diarrhea. I have asked about leg transplant, doctor wouldn't go for it. Oh well I tried. I do take a pain killer before bed also. It worked for about six hours, that's better then none. I have tried everything the doctor has thrown at me only to have the side effects were worse then the pain. Hard to believe huh. Wish you the best, Jmac

• Posted

My pain of stone just started 2 days ago in my legs. What doctor should I see to get relief? Any home remedies suggested would be helpful.

• Posted

My pain of stone just started 2 days ago in my legs. What doctor should I see to get relief? Any home remedies suggested would be helpful.

• Posted

I have a very simular thing. I have thought it was only neurothapy for a long time, I recently decided it must be something else. I don't call it pain, but it is misserable. My legs feel like they are turning to stone and they buzz or it feels like all my nerves are moving inside my legs and they are cold. i get fatigued very easy .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.