Insomnia and Loss of Libido

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having Middle of the night insomnia. I sleep and wake up exactly after 4 hours, no matter what time I sleep. It's causing me day time sleepiness which has resulted in loss of Libido.

I was prescribed Chlropromizine 25 MG but it doesn't seem to work. I need help as I am newly wed and these issues are affecting my marriage.I don't know if the loss of Libido is caused because of the medication as internet suggest it could be the side effect of the medication

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yep anti-psychotics will zap the libido right out of anyone, they are made to dull all feelings/emotions
  • Posted

very risky using powerful drugs like these, they only mask the problem and when come off them you will usually find it very difficult and have even worse insomnia, check out this forum for help coming off this drug and also tips on dealing with insomnia naturally:  survivingantidepressants. org
    • Posted

My doctor told me stop taking Chloropromizine right away. And he prescribed me Melatonin. Will this move restore my Libido and sleep?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.