Insomnia and other symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I just started Zoloft yesterday, for OCD and anxiety.

I took it at 5:30 PM and felt fine but woke up at 1 AM and couldn’t  sleep for hours.

Should I skip today’s dose and then start taking it in the morning tomorrow?

Or should I take it in the morning today (it’s about 7:30 AM here), even though it’s only been about 15 hours since my first dose?

So far no other side effect. Do people notice those happen right away or does it take a few day?

I’m hoping that sleeping issue is the only side effect J

This is my first time trying medication for my OCD/Anxiety.

Thanks,

Dave

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

When i first took Zo loft for my anxiety, i couldnt sleep well for a week, but then i noticed after that my sleeping improved, but i still get other symptons like dizziness. I only been taking them for 4 weeks anyway but doctor told me it could take 4-8 weeks.
    • Posted

Hi Susannah,

Thanks for replying smile 

What time of day are you taking zoloft?

Have you had any other side effects yet?

I'm taking 50 MG to start.

Thanks,

Dave

• Posted

I'm on 50MG at the moment, i take them at 8am in the morning as its best for me. I had other side effects, i felt sick in the stomache. That about it.

• Posted

Hi Dave, what dose. I take mine at 6am you should be ok to take it, call your pharmacist 
    • Posted

Hi Dave, if you are taking it 5.30 pm and wake up early, you could try to take it just before you go bed. I do the same and I've never had insomnia. Worth to try and you'll see which time is the best for you.

I do take it at 9.30 pm and works for me.

• Posted

Thanks Cindella!

I'll try, that if the morning doesn't work.

I skipped yesterday and today took it in the morning.

So I'll see how that makes me feel smile

Thanks everyone!

-Dave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.