Insomnia, anxiety and depression, and in that order

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on antidepressants for 16 years, ever since the birth of my last child. Lexapro 30, inderal 80. I am desperate to sleep, a good night is 4 hours, I asked my doc today for sleeping tabs telling him I can't go on like this much longer, he gave me ten zopliclone tabs that's it, when I was in England I had no problem getting a script for sleeping pills. Does anyone know where I can buy on line ???? To be honest the anxiety and insomnia is so much worst than my depression

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline, 

I would really not advise going on zopiclone I started on zopiclone over two years ago then it escalated out of my control. I'm currently coming off them and the withdrawal is horrendous (my addiction extended throughout the day.) what country do you live in? I ordered online, customs found them then I had the police round my house explaining to me that they are a class c drug and it's illegal to have them without a doctors prescription. If I was caught again I'd face consequences. There are many websites you can order from (at a high price.) just please if you do end up ordering them be cautious. The consequences are high and I would not want you to end up addicted to them. Just be careful

• Posted

Hi Katie, 

I just want to sleep, a good night is between 2 and 4 hours. Most nights I don't sleep at all. 

Thank you , take care xx

• Posted

Zopiclone have become much more difficult to get a prescription for in the UK, since they were re-classified as a CD4 some months back. Like Katie says, I too would avoid buying off of the internet, you cannot be sure what you are getting, and by importing a controlled drug you are commiting an offence, and would have no consumer rights if you ended up with a box of sugar pills for fifty odd quid. Persist with your doctor, you may have to make a bit of a pest of yourself, but having Insomnia isn`t goinfg to help anyone. I sympathise with your problem, having suffered from insomnia for decades. Good Luck

Paddy x

• Posted

You hae nothing but my total sympathy. The simple fact that doctors should reallly, really know is that zopiclone works. You do not have to be a junkie. I do not know where you moved to but think you or someone needs to be more aggressive to your doctor. One 7.5 is quite ok in uk
  • Posted

Thank you so much to all of you for answering me,  I will persevere with my doc.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Caroline, I live in Canada and painfully trying to get off of 19 years of zopliclone for insomnia due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  My doctor knew didly squat about the addiction of zop...canned my doctor and looking for a new on.  He turned me into a prescription junkie.  I am working with a sleep clinic...diazepam...clonazepam and tapering down so I can be on a low dosage of trazadone for my insomnia.

Imovane made me depressed.  It is so addictive and I constantly warn people on facebook about what I am going through.  I am presently working through rehab with a sleep clinic; however I may need to go into an institution.  Please don't use use zop. for insomnia.

My advise is that your doctor should treat your insomnia separate from depression.  If he does not know how to do this FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR.  Sorry to be blunt Caroline, but this is what I just went thru with my doctor.  He did not know how to treat insomnia, kept me on 19 years if zopiclone and when I built up a resistance to this drug he added me drugs to it.    I have been going thru hell ever since.......Hope this helps Caroline....my heart goes out to you

• Posted

The question is: Is the Insomnia causing (or contributing) to the Depression, or a symtom of the depression. Whatever, being unable to sleep isn`t going to help in any way.

Personally, I am not keen on the modern practice of prescribing all sorts of anti-depressants or muscle relaxants to help with sleep problems.

Drugs such as Seroquel are way too powerful to treat insomnia, IMHO.

Paddy

• Posted

Thank you for answering me, 

do you find trazodone any good for insomnia, I asked my doc for this and he gave me ten zopiclone tabs instead, do you know why you can't sleep, are you on any anti depressants, chronic fatigue is that ME ? I love blunt lol , take care and thank you xx

• Posted

Hi Caroline,  I had a sleep study conducted and I have 'fragmented sleep', which is now being recognized as a brain disorder.  Zop is only for 7-10 days and I need something permanent to help me sleep.  Zop ruined my life.  doctor kept me on it for 19 years.  My body built up a tolerance to it and instead of taking me off of it he added more meds to it.  It really screwed up my brain so much that my sleep cycle got reversed.  I am no longer with my doctor and the sleep clinic is putting me through a lengthy rehab program to put me on low dose trazodone, or other low dose antidepressant.  If you only need help with your sleep zop is okay.  Anymore than 10 days being on zop and you will become an addict like me and face a long road of difficult recovery which is what I am going through.  This is just my opinion....others may disagree with my hatred for zop; however, I have 19 years of experience with this drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.