Insomnia caused by tinitus

Posted , 4 users are following.

tinitus is totally ruined my life over past 2 years,i am 50 years old haven't had any natural sleep for past whole year ,with a zoplicone tablets i get 2/3hours with nothing i am awake for 72/96hours every week ,ive tryed stopping but make me so poorly so then i have to take some for 2/3 nights its awful, doctors do nothing just give me 14 tablets every month not enough because the other 3/4 days im awake ,last night again took one 2hours ,feel terrible,give me lot of stomach pains making me so depressed,tryed loads of other tablets nothing gets me to sleep please help anyone

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi phillip67322,

I share your pain also having, on a couple of occasions, suffered from 100% insomnia. My suggestion is to first try Phenergan an over the counter antihistamine which, if you have not taken before 10mg each night should send you to sleep.......remember after a fortnight or so to wean yourself off as you may need them again in the future. An alternative is to try Mirtazapine 15mg which is an anti-depressant that should help you to sleep. Both of these I have personally used on two occasions. Good luck and I hope the above helps!

• Posted

Try Ambien, or the generic Zolpidem, they work best on an empty stomach, for me at just.

• Posted

thanks for your kind replys i will try something alternative mitazipin but so worried they wont work im addicted to zoplicone but i get 2/3 hours with it but effects in evening before i take one feel so bad and feelings now are crippling stomach pains most of day ,when i say no im up 1,2,3 days without any sleep the feeling i cant begin to explain so i just take one,for just 2/3 hours but my tinitus and insomnia is so bad been worse year of my life doctors give me 14 tablets every 6 weeks this is no help so i get them elsewhere i know thats terrible just want to sleep thankyou everyone for listening phil

• Posted

hope you are still here. You must ask your G.P for a referral to the ENT at the hospital ,INSIST .then

explain to the cosultant ,your sleep problem ,They are more understanding than G P's

there is an over the counter tab ,which many people swear by ,When i remember what the name is ,I will get back to you,

Jacqueline

• Posted

Hello again ,forgot to mention that the radio is good ,but NOT music Radio 4 just loud enough for you to hear .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.