insomnia caused by tramadol

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was given Tramadol by the hospital just over 2 weeks ago for gall bladder pain. I was given 50mg tablets and told to take 2 four times a day. The first 100mg after the first dose I only usually take 1 50mg tablet, if that doesn't help a few hours later I take another but never during the day as I work with children so onky take them on an evening. Some days I dont take any as I'm bit in pain. For the last five days I hhaven't been able to sleep. Last night being the worse with literally zero sleep. This week u have only taken 2 tablets on new years day and then none in Tuesday and I took 2 on Wednesday evening. It has to be the Tramadol causing thud insomnia as I've never had a problem before now. I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered like this with Tramadol and if so how long did it last? Im not taking anymore, I'd rather be in pain than put up with no sleep! Just need to know how long before the Tramadol leaves my system and I can actually get a sleep!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry after reading that back I can see all the errors! Sleep deprived!
  • Posted

It is the tramadol. It affected me the same way. Do not take any more. I stopped 2 months ago and sleep is great. Good luck Victoria.
    • Posted

Unbelievable that they can have this effect after just 2 weeks of taking them! This is day 3 without any so hopefully they wear off soon! Thanks Peter
  • Posted

I started taking Tramadol after a year on Nucynta following a femur fracture on a trail bike.  I have horrible insomnia with Tramadol! Currently my doctor is advising decreasing the Tramadol and increasing Cymbalta. It doesn't seem to be working so the next step is stopping the Tramadol and going to Lyrica for the nerve pain. Has anyone tried this with success? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.