insomnia due to anxiety

Posted , 30 users are following.

Going on 3 nights and days without sleep.waves of anxiety from stomach up to my chest .anyone else experience this along with not sleeping for days ?

2 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I get this odd tingly feeling in me head I feel spaced out, weak, numb and tired but I can never sleep or relax when I feel like this. It can start as early as lunch and not go away until I somehow fall asleep late at night. It is making me miserable. I feel like I'm shaking in my head but not physically. I also get chest pains and feelings like my heart is pounding but this does not bother me as much as my head does. Does anyone feel like this. It is starting to bother me almost every day
  • Posted

Someone please answer my questions, I'm scared as I don't know if I have anxiety or not
    • Posted

Aww Thomas yes it is anxiety,muscles tensing can be pretty weird all over your body x
    • Posted

If you are worrying about if you have anxiety, you probably have anxiety
  • Posted

I also had anxiety, depression, racing mind that lead to insomnia. 

Anxiety was healed by jack up Vitamin D level. Level was way off the min. Anxiety went away when D level backed to normal range.

Only thing left behind was insomnia, that I tried many things but no help until I tried 2 things : Taurne 500mg and plain gelatin (the ingrdient to make Jello)

It works for me and hope it also works for others.

• Posted

I feel for you all I am 24 years of age and I have suffered anxiety and panic attacks since I was 16 but only this year I have suffered really bad insomnia due to my anxiety I have went through episodes four times this year where I haven't been able to sleep for days and I am currently going through a episode where I have been struggling to sleep for days it started four days ago and I have managed to get little sleep but still been ill so used zoplicone sleeping tablet on Sunday and managed to get a full eight hours I felt great well rested but still tired managed to make it into my work and bought nytol over the counter at the chemist so I took one at midnight and it didn't work I was up all night tossing and turning watching my partner and dog snoring away feeling jealous wishing I could be snoozing away with them so I got a prescription of more zoplicones 7.5 for five days because these have worked really well for me in the past and normally after three days of taking them with three good nights rest I feel back to normal and i am able to naturally drift to sleep again they have been life savers I used to be scared of sleeping tablets because I read there really addictive but honestly they have helped me at times when I haven't been able to sleep for four five days and it was that bad I was being sick thinking I was away to die because so I would recommend them if your struggling don't be afraid like I was I gave up and took them because I was desperate and wish I did it sooner when I got them they work a treat but I would only recommend using them for a short time a week Atleast Hi E everyone's better and I hope now that I have my five days worth il be able to get a good few nights rest and not stress

• Posted

Also when I went to my doctors this morning and got my zoplicones I was going to wait til tonight to take them but I was sick this morning and it gave me a scare so tried taking one and a half to sleep but I couldn't so phoned nhs to see if I could take the other half tonight and they got a doctor to assure me that I would be fine to take the other half as they have a really good safety margin I was worried incase I would overdose because some people are like oh you can't take two in the space if 24 hours but he said it was fine so don't worry yourself if you ever need to take more than one to get a good night's sleep I'm hoping I drift away tonight I will let you all know how it goes in a few days when I have my sleeping pattern back

• Posted

I have recently begun to have some anxiety problems. I was getting headaches and head pressure really bad, along with a foggy head. I couldn't concentrate, everything felt weird, I didn't feel like myself, it was really scaring me. I had my first panic attack at work. I was terrified and had no idea what was going on. I originally thought it was my blood sugar dropping. My sister rushed me the ER and they told me it was just anxiety. At the time, all four of my wisdom teeth were impacted. I got them removed thinking that was the issue. Things got a little better, but not much. I woke up from the surgery in a panic attack. After that, I kept waking up panicking at night. Luckily that has gotten a little better. I went to the doctor to see if they could figure out why my head was foggy and causing me so much distress. My blood work and everything came back normal. My doctor prescribed me Celexa. I tired taking it but everything got worse. I also have to mention that I don't sleep well, especially now. I constantly wake up in the middle of the night. When I do sleep, I wake up in the morning not feeling rested at all. Recently, I've become almost afraid of sleep. Every time I lay down, my heart starts beating fast, and I can't sleep. I might get a couple hours a night, but that's it. I am tired constantly. I can't tell if I'm not sleeping because of anxiety, or I have anxiety because I'm not sleeping. Before this whole thing started, I remember telling my fiancé that I wasn't getting enough sleep. Basically now I'm frustrated, exhausted, scared, and have no idea what to do. I've never had anxiety problems before this. My sister keeps telling me that it's all just anxiety and to take the Celexa. But I had the foggy head feeling before any anxiety symptoms showed up. Does anyone have any ideas as to help me?

• Posted

HI there Stephanie. What have you managed to do about this pls? I have always been a good sleeper until an anxiety attack in the night and now I have everything you've explained. Fear of sleep wake up all night. Please help

• Posted

I'm going on 5 nights not sleeping. I have taken 900 msg of trazadone in the past 24 hours and still can't sleep. Along with daily trazadone, Remeron, intuniv, nyquil and Xanax (all which are very sedating). I have dealt with this problem since I was 2 years old, I never have been able to sleep. No matter what they put me on, if my anxiety is high, I won't sleep. I'm not sure if I'm too anxious or if medicines just don't work on me. I got my tonsils out in April and even the Percocet didn't make me loopy at all. I feel very in control no matter what I take or how much I drink and my friends never know when I'm drunk or on medicines. I have tried everything from baths, meditation, lavender, allowing myself HOURS to wind down every night. I need help and I'm scared. If ANYONE has any tips to help me I would appreciate it so much!!

• Posted

Hi just wanted to say im going through my second night of feeling high anxiety and not being able to sleep. Everytime i try to sleep my body kinda jolts me awake and my heart starts racing so i have to calm myself down. Its such a scary feeling.
  • Posted

Yes I did some years ago when I had a work related breakdown... I contacted a company help line which referred me to a counsellor which worked a treat. Good luck and yes it does feel like your the girl in the 'Exorcist' stumach churning, heart exploding and can't sleep. I did get over it after a couple of months but as soon as I spoke to a cousellor I started to sleep a little better straight away. Maybe its just telling somebody your problems ...Good Luck

• Posted

Ralph are you still around? I am having the same problems, days without sleep. Has your problem gone away hopefully?

• Posted

HI GUYS, what are you feeling now? Im exactly like what youve described, im on 4 days now without sleep and my body feels so week already, been drinking alcohol late at night for me to be able to sleep but wakes me up every 4hrs and wasnt able to go back to sleep. All my mind is thinking that i can’t sleep and im so anxious, i tried everything. Please help!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.