Insomnia due to excessive dreaming

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone.

About a week now, I've suffered insomnia. I also have constant palpitation which I think started the same time as the insomnia.

I go to bed every night and wake up multiple times from multiple dreams. Sometimes getting back to sleep is really difficult and I lie in bed rolling left and right for a while. I can't seem to get even three hours of sound sleep without awaking from dreams. These dreams are not necessarily nightmares.

I wake up every morning exhausted, cranky and heart palpitating all day.

Please, has anyone experienced this? Can anyone diagnose this?

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Same as me tossing and turning all night then dreaming and waking up. Jittery and palpitations during the day and feel spaced out. Have tried every sleep remedy under the sun. The only thing that helps is taking a 1 a night Nytol ( you can buy them over the counter. Not the herbal ones they are useless) I try not to take them too often as don’t want them to stop working but they do help.The fear of not sleeping keeps me awake! 

Regards Angie 

• Posted

Thank you Angie. I'll look into Nytol. Did anything help with your palpitation? I've been taking magnesium carbonate supplements for a while now with no much improvement. Did you try any magnesium supplement?

• Posted

No I don’t take anything for them but mentioned to Dr who said it was a combination of not sleeping and getting anxious and they were nothing to worry about. That did reassure me but they are always worse after a really bad night. Dr did say calm down as they are not important!! Maybe not to hiim but they are to me!!! Only slept 3 hrs last night so really jittery today and fed up with it . 
    • Posted

Try magnesium supplements. I heard it does work for insomnia and palpitation. Most people swear by magnesium citrate, taurate, chelate or glycinate. Try sleeping with tea candles too and ensure your room is cool. It does seem to help me though i still awake after sleeping just 3 hours and can't get back to sleep for an hour. I never feel tested in the morning.

My circardian rhythm seem to be messed up from what I have researched and I fear drug might only be temporary fix.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.