Insomnia...neck muscles can’t relax

Posted , 2 users are following.

Here I am...up again. Fell asleep for 3 1/2 hours, got up to let the dog out and can’t go back to sleep. Been up for the last two hours. To make matters worse, I'm not able to relax the muscles in my neck completely to go to sleep and my right arm falls asleep several times a night which wakes me up. Can't determine if the neck issue is more because of the shaking or twitching of my muscles or what? Anybody else have this issue? Anxiety related? CFS related? Any natural remedies? SO UNNERVING!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I should mention, for sleep I already take Melatonin 7mg, CBD Capsule 40mg, Magnesium Glyconate 400mg, and a Chinese herb that my Accupuncturist gave me.

• Posted

gosh my heart goes out to you as ive been going through the same thing myself .waking up at 3am 4am unable to get back to sleep and boy it makes for a terrible day . i cant nap anymore either for some reason .

my dr put me on 10 mg of prozac i only take 1/2 a pill 5 mg and its really been helping me SLEEP !

i didnt want to go on pills but couldnt stand the insomnia anymore . im only on the 4th day and dont plan to be on them forever but its helping to get me through this AWFUL time .

i also take thc chocolate and a cbd tincture along with california poppy valerian and melatonin.

• Posted

So, are you having issues with the neck muscles not relaxing too, then? My neck is definitely sore, but the "spasms" are not painful. It just feels like they keep "pulsing" from tense to not tense the entire time I'm trying to go to sleep. It just started this week, so its making me nervous!

• Posted

I guess its more like muscle twitching in my neck...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.