Insomnia/Nortriptyline-help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi--i am a bit of a mess. i am 29 weeks preg and have stopped sleeping. it's been going on for almost a month. every other day i sleep and can't go on like this for 10-11 more weeks. long story short, i am on 10 mg of lexapro for GAD and have been throughout my whole preg. i was on a small dose of trazodone and it was working well until it wasn't. i tried to go up higher to no avail. i still couldn't sleep. my doc put me on Nortriptyline on Thursday and i have worked up to 75 mg a night since Saturday. I slept pretty well up until last night (tuesday night) and was basically up all night. today i am sweaty, shaky, threw up and feel terrible. so--who here has taken nortrip? does it take a while to get into the system and help with anxiety and sleep? when do you take it? right before bed or a few hours before? i might call my doc but i don't want to pester. also-please no judgement about taking meds in pregnancy. thanks so much for your help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried Benadryl? 100mg may help and it is safe.
    • Posted

i have been taking a tiny amount of unisom with the meds and was thinking i would try more tonight along with the nort. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.