Insomnia on fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have been taking 20mg of fluoxetine in the morning for the past 7 weeks and i am not sleeping sometimes 1 or 2 hours a night . Anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

just messaged you but my first experience with anxiety i didnt sleep for weeks and it made everything worse, i got a valium which knocked me out for about half an hour.as the medication kicked in i did start and sleep better xxx

• Posted

Hey Lila, how are you now?

I have been taking 40mg since 12 weeks still suffering from insomnia and quiet alot people have mentioned this side effect so I think its normal I couldnt sleep today just slept 3 hours and had bad nightmares. I dont really know whats happening but I have we would make it through tough phases of the medication adjustment period. What I have heard is people usually take melatonin and magnesium supplements for insomnia caused by SSRIs getting prescriped benzos is another thing but one could develop addiction towards them. In Shaa Allah we would heal I have hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.