INSOMNIA. Please... need advices, I'm new on this. Take a time to read my situation. Im so scared.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Days ago, on monday, suddenly I was unable to sleep. This happened to me just 1 time (August) But now I m so scared. I was unable to sleep on Monday, like I said, for 38 hours then I fall asleep almost 6 hours. Today, to be honest, I was anxious only thinking if this gonna happen again, and here I am.

Just want to know if a sudden Insomnia can be possible, and what to do to fight with this. When I go to bed, the anxiety that I feel make my heart beats fast because of thinking that I m going to become crazy.

Please, need advices and your experiences. Could I fight with this? I m so scared and becoming depressed.

Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey man I'm currently dealing with it now its been going on for 2 months. The best advice I can give you is to get to a doctor and get some ambien or something to help until it passes. There are going to be people that disagree with me on that but in my experience the lack of sleep was really starting to effect me in many ways and I feel if I had addressed it sooner it wouldnt have been as bad. If it persists for longer than a few weeks even with the meds get into a sleep study. I'm pretty sure the underlying issue with mine is anxiety and mine probably wont go away until I begin to treat that but Im so afraid of SSRI's because of a previous experience I had with them. Sounds like anxiety might be an issue with you as well. Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Hey John. I've dealt with insomnia over the years and I've found that some types of light sleeping pills will help but the best thing to do is to keep a positive mind about everything. Constantly worrying about sleeping while you're laying in bed will only make things a lot worse. You have to let your mind shut off and relax your body before going to bed. Try reading a book or taking a nice hot bath with some relaxing salts to try and take the edge off. Another thing to do would be to look into causes in your life that would be resulting in this sleep loss. Maybe take a look into your life and see if there are any reasons why you might be losing sleep like this. Are you worried about your job or a relationship maybe? These things will make it a lot worse too. I've found that going to a counselor a few times a month helps a lot. You can always try to talk with loved ones about your situation but sometimes it's best to consult with a professional. Don't give up hope, things will get better. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Bnnertt. Thank you for your words. Maybe I sound like a crazy, but it s the first time I experience this. I m gonna practice all your advice.

I would want to ask you something. I saw you ve been dealt with Insomnia, and know about this. I just want to ask you. Is common in Insomnia stay 38 days without sleep? I only slept 6 hours and then during the day I was scared thinking with this experience. Now I can t sleep again. Is this common with Insomnia?

• Posted

Sorry I mean Stay awake 38 hours without sleep.

• Posted

Hello John. Sorry for the late response. That amount of sleep loss can be very common with insomnia. Like I had mentioned before it might be best to look into taking a light sleep aid to help you sleep at night. I understand that sleep loss is very concerning but with the right medication and the right mind set you will overcome this. Another thing that I would recommend is going for a nice long walk or a jog maybe too. That will help you take your mind off of everything at least for a little while. Hope everything is well.

• Posted

Hey John, not to invalidate what youre experiencing or feeling but 36 hours is significant but not life threatening I personally went 2 weeks on 2-4 hours of sleep. Dont get me wrong it was absolutely horrible but I prefer to sleep one way or another. I'm not a fan of medication but sleep isnt an option you should address this now with your doctor before it spirals out of control. Once you get something that lets you sleep you will see that you havent "lost the ability to sleep" so to speak and it will ease your mind a bit. I have a feeling anxiety is playing a huge part of this until you address that aspect sleeping is going to be difficult. these are all speculations on my part so definitely go to your doctor asap.

• Posted

Thank you, randy. It's good to see what you're saying, you know this better than me. I ve always been anxious. I m suffering like this because my family, my job and too many things. I m gonna take your advice.

Thank you

• Posted

Trust me man Im going through alot right now too all the same reasons you just mentioned and I havent figured it all out yet but this is what has helped me so far. Im a long way from being ok lol. One step at a time you have to take care of yourself before you can deal with anything else. I know its not always that convenient but there is some truth to it. Anxiety and stress are a b***h and not easy to live with not to mention insomnia on top of it. Get some rest first then things may seem a little easier and fall into place. Reach out if you need something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.