Inspired by all of you...but what is going on!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been reading posts through this forum and have not had the courage to post but here I am now.  Can't stop crying and my anxiety is through the roof. I am 49 and I feel like I have no control!

Last October I had a two month long period heaving period with a 20 mm endometrium lining. Ended up in emergency for a transfusion and gyn did biopsy, pap, ultrasounds (had 3 over a 3 month period incl. a saline infusion), blood work and everything came back normal. As my mom said this is my premenopause journey as she went through the same thing but had a hysterectomy. Put on progesterone (daily mini pill) as I didn't want an IUD or ablasion.

March - gastro issues started with acid reflux

June - sternum pain thought I was having a heart attack. Have searing pain under breasts. (Chest xray normal, blood work normal)

June/July - tingling in hands and feet, sore calf, numbness in mouth, aches moving throughout body (blood work normal, ultrasound ordered)

Well yesterday I get a call from my doctor that I have an irregular vascular mass between the uterus and the ovary 2X1 cm surrounded by free fluid. MRI suggested.  This has send me into a tail spin of panic and anxiety.  I do have a history of endometriosis (Stage IV) and had a laproscopy for it 14 years ago. My last ultrasound was 6 months ago so this is new.  Just wanted to share with someone.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello e

I'm glad you've reached out, I don't know but when you have nowhere to share it, it just seems to eat you alive. I'm so sorry you are having a terrible time. I don't have similar gyn issues, I had primary ovarian failure so just shot in the ovaries before I started. All of your other symptoms though are so similar and I know it's so tough to know where to turn. There will I'm sure be some ladies maybe with the same thing, and I know they will reach out. In the meantime, you are not alone in this..... It's flipping hard and scary I know, but please keep in touch and go easy on yourself. Try and get as much fresh air and exercise to help with your symptoms, and take everything else just as it comes. The doctors will have a plan I'm sure. ? Xx

• Posted

I’m so sorry you’re going through this..it’s really awful to finally (at least in my case) feel like I got to my 40s, had accomplished some things, feeling good, happy with my life and then all these horrible symptoms have to come and drag us down. I don’t have many answers but I appreciate all the support from everyone here..it helps to know you’re not alone! I find a walk (even though energy is so low) helps and staying hydrated too..have a good day!! 

❤️

• Posted

HI e,  Welcome, thank you for sharing your story.  I am sorry you are having so many troubles.  I can relate to almost everything.  Hell for me for over a year. My chest pains, sternum area ended up being acid too.  Anxiety hit me hard too because all these weird symptoms and lack of doctors understanding...I was sent around for testing of everything...all clear.  You are probably exhausted running for tests, but please get your MRI...otherwise, you will just worry yourself thinking about what it might be.  This forum is wonderful, lord knows everybody around me is sick of listening to me, including the doctors.  Good luck, take good care 😊

• Posted

Hi, hon....mass surrounded by fluid sounds like a cyst. Your bloodwork n biopsy were clean. As scared as you are...and I know because I've been where you are...I think you will be fine.

All our journeys are similar yet different.

Please do what relaxes you .I wish I had listened to that advice earlier in my journey because I wasted a lot of time qorr tu ing about what didnt happen. You'll be fine. Hugs...

• Posted

Thank you for your reassuring words. I agree that I am wasting my time worrying but of course, it is easier said than done. I need to enjoy this beautiful sunny day.
  • Posted

Hi E - I so sympathise with you as there is so much going on with our bodies at the same time. Like your mum, I ha a hysterectomy 10 years ago and I am now 47 as I had chronic fibroids with heavy bleeding all the time. I haemorrhaged on a flight and I decided I had enough and two weeks later my womb was removed...

This change has been the most challenging time of my life but this forum has been a saving grace for me with great woman openly sharing and caring. Hang tight and go easy as you are not alone and as previous post said, you are probably fine and need to resolve the issue round your ovaries and it seems like you are doing that.

Relax when you can, keep hydrated and exercise if you can as this has helped me so much with all my symptoms. Check in here when you need to and you are not alone. Lots of love to you. CK  

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind and reassuring words. I am so fortunate in having a family doctor and gynaecologist who take the time to listen and not brush my symptoms away.  Last November, I started yoga and meditation and it has been a way to stabilize and calm myself.

As women going through peri-menopause, we ourselves are going through so many changes (I can make a list a page long) but also dealing with aging parents and for me younger children (10 & 14). So much is going on in our lives. I made a list called the “year of me” and I listed all the things I WANT to do within the year...paint class, French class, spend time with good friends etc. Unfortunately I put the list aside but I need to dust it off and do stuff for myself. It is easier said then done but I need to be thankful, not worry so much and lastly, stop googling symptoms. Because according to google, I have every disease. 😳

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.