Insurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help me find a holiday insurance company that cover heart conditions, i have 5 different clinical diagnosis and i cant find them listed on any sites,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

One once wanted two grand to cover me for a month in America whren I mentioned a tiny aortic anurysm. I went to another company and asked them to exclude it from the policy. When I said that I was on three BP pills a day they increased my annual premium by £75.

After having had an AVR two years ago I have tried and been rejected by ones who cover pre-existing conditions. Now I stick to countries with reciprocal health agreements as my consultant suggested. That even covers New Zealand but unfortunately not Australia

I met a wheelchair bound lady today who has been to China and Egypt and is soon going to Peru. I forgot to ask who insures her.

If/when you find one that covers you do post it here.

I tried an insurance broker and was surprised when he said that they had never been asked that before. 

• Posted

I too had problems with insurance as I have several illnesses including heart failure. I did a search on the internet and found a company called AVANTI and for 3 weeks in Canada they charged me £167.00. That covered all my ailments.  Fingers crossed nothing happened.  Am going to Maastricht next month for 3 days and that is costing me almost the same.  So there appears to be no set rules and regulations, so please search around and take care
    • Posted

Thank you. I have Avanti on my list of ones to try next time. £167 is not bad for three weeks. Of course being 79, age is another factor against me
    • Posted

I am no spring chicken, only 11 years younger than you.  My mother 85 still manages to get insurance.  In fact she is going on a cruise next month she got insurance, her health is worse than mine, but she still managed no problem.
    • Posted

When I was about 68 I phoned to renew my annual policy with TSB. It was nearly double that of the year before. When I asked why I was told that it was because I was a year older:-) We switched to Insure and Go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.