Intense anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am really suffering my anxiety is so hard to handle I am exhausted I don't sleep well and wake with intense anxiety it makes me toss and turn trying to find comfort my thought are fixed on anxiety and how I am going to get through been on fluoxetine 9 weeks and feel no better I don't know what to do with myself still just about managing to go to work they know I'm not myself but I struggle to get through the day I took fluoxetine some years ago for a year and I woke up one day better I am full of despair so tired and I just wish I knew if I am going to get over this thid time it's been a year I feel myself retreating can't face seeing friends and even struggle with my grown up children as I hate being like this when I should be enjoying life and my dear grandchildren does anyone else find the struggle great

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi chic your not alone I myself am struggling but I can see light at the end of the tunnel been back on Prozac 40mg for 5weeks after having a awfull time on  sertraline for 8months have had great advice of group you will get your ups and downs but don’t give up I know this will work as it did in the past just we need it to happen now it’s absaloutly exhausting can you not give yourself some time off work and maybe ask doc if he can give you something short term to help with the anxiety stay strong Julie x
  • Posted

Hi Julie, my heart goes out to you!! I'm on 12th week of increase from 40 to 60mg of prozac .first 4 weeks terrible then I got better and have had a few good weeks and Xmas ,had my life back . last week I've been back to square o e again ,and like you I'm a family woman and grandmum .l agree it feels like retreat in backwards !! I too don't know where to go from here either , it's siyl destroying .l keep going with the thoughts that it will pass again , here if you need me , huge hugs xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Julie. I have been sitting up for hours feeling anxious dizzy and sick. Scared this won’t get better. I am 8 weeks on 20 mg. however I have drawn hope from this forum that around 10-12 weeks is when it gets better so hold on in there. It’s really rubbish feeling like this and I too am still working. Get home and I just want to sleep!  We will get better just let’s get through it! Xx
    • Posted

Thank you cazfor your understanding I can think of nothing else work is so hard but I force myself to go as I feel no different at home but I find any pressure at work supposed to have train sessions fills me with dread
  • Posted

Thank you both so much I feel really low I try to carry on but even taking my litype granddaughter to shool is hard and my real self would lobe that - I don't understand where this comes from i was so proud of my children and grandchildren now I feel about as much use as rag my mind won't rest constant adrenaline and stuff I so hope the medication will help I need to relax so much

• Posted

Hi Julie, I completely understand how you feel. I did not start getting any relief till 12weeks. I know that seems like forever when you are struggling so much. I would start getting some relief in the evenings. This is such a slow med to settle in your system and like Brenda said it can be a roller coaster ride for awhile. It does settle though. Anxiety seems to be its worst in the mornings. And the bloody thing makes our minds run at high speed constantly. I go through periods where my sleep is full of dreams, I get insomnia and can't stay in bed once I wake up as the anxiety is so bad. 

I lived on this site when my journey started and the people here helped me through. Hold on hon as it does get better. You are stronger and you think or feel. Anxiety makes us think things that aren't true, that create more fear and stress in our lives. Don't believe it. 

You can do this and we are right here if you need guidance or support. 

Big hugs ????

• Posted

Thank you Laurie I hate this illness yet can't let it go and relax I know that is all that is needed but I constantly scare myself with thoughts I will never get better it's hard

• Posted

Just keep on this forum it has been my lifeline. I can’t believe how rubbish I feel and I’m scared I won’t get better but we will. I am really tired but trying to keep busy. Do something nice for yourself each day xx
    • Posted

How I agree with all you post Laurie , its a bloody minefield and were all so brave xxxx
    • Posted

We can do this guys. Together! We are never alone as we have each other to vent to, cry to, tell our worst fears to. And the thing is so many of us understand exactly what we are saying and feeling. We are not crazy or will never get better. I've had mental health issues since my early teens. I am now 53. I've fought it and overcome it a few times. There are many options to help us heal. This last battle started a year and a half ago. I was sure that I would never get better. I wanted to give up as the depression, anxiety and pain were more than I could bear. I even tried to end my life but it didn't happen thank god. I spent 4 months in and out of hospital. My husband finally took me home and we got a new psychiatrist. He is amazing. He put me back on flou and told me it would take time. He gave me information on what to expect and ways of coping. I found this site and omg I felt so much relief to have so many people to talk to who knew what I was feeling and thinking. I gained knowledge, support, was given patience, kindness, undarstanding and love. I don't what I would have done without everyone here. To be honest I'm struggling with anxiety and some low feelings right now. I will probably be increasing my meds after I see my doctor on Wednesday. I'm ok with that. I know it's hard to get through this to health but I know I can make it. I always have a place to come to help me heal. 

I am so very blessed because of all of you. You continue to help me heal and grow. 

????????

• Posted

I am getting desperate now. Have woken with such anxiety. Can’t even think what about but all the physical symptoms are there . Every morning is such a nightmare. I’m scared to increase dose as side effects so bad, scared to come off them and scared to just carry on in case they don’t work. All the official documentation about this drug is telling me it should work in 4-6 weeks. I am on week 8 and 20mg. Please help someone by giving me hope it will get better xxx
    • Posted

Hold on Caz. I know how terrible this is but you can get through it. I did not start to see a difference until week 12. Right now that seems like an eternity away but you can do this. I have increased 3 times and will probably increase again. The first 2 times were difficult but the third time wasn't as bad and settled much sooner. I'm waking again with anxiety and it eases during the day but doesn't go away. It sucks!!! What do you do to try and distract yourself?

• Posted

Hi ...just wondering how you are feeling. Im on day 12 of flux at 10mg and my first day on 20mg. I feel awful so anxious. Omg how i can i get threw this.?.
  • Posted

I felt the same way. There will be set backs during this process. I am on 40mg for 3 months now. I was doing great from October till Christmas then I crashed. I've had a hard time coming out of this blip and know I need to increase my dose. Any time I get anxiety I fear the worst. I'm not strong enough to make it through this, I'll never get better and have a good life, I'm just so screwed up there is no hope for me etc. That is the anxiety talking. I tell myself it is just a thought, it's not true, it won't kill me, I'm strong than it. I say and think that over and over again trying to change my thought pattern. We fear anxiety sooo much that we actually feed it when we do so. It's a vicious cycle. It is just a feeling that will not kill us. Stop fighting it, let it come and wash over you. I know that is damn difficult to do but it works. We fight anxiety because we are afraid of it and the pain and discomfort it brings. That thought pattern feeds it and it continues on. What's the worst that can happen? Look your anxiety in the eye, let it in and wash over you, let the thoughts and feeling come, meet your worst fears then tell it to f##k off. Give yourself the right to feel crappy right now as you are going through this prosses of healing. We all want to feel better yesterday but it unfortunately doesn't work that way. It will come. You will feel better. You are not crazy or alone. Sooooooo may people have done this and made it through and so will you. We are here for you hon. Lean on us, we will help you through. Big hugs ????

• Posted

Wow spot on the anxiety is definitely the worst I have constant chest pain convinced it's my heart even though I've had ecg bloods all OK its an awful illness x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.