Intense burning with Enbrel

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello !  I am new to the group and wondered if anyone is on ENBREL.  I have started the injections a few weeks ago  but unable to continue injections in my thighs or abdomen. Has anyone had the intense pain of injecting the medication in the thigh?  My friend does the injections in my arms, which causes very little pain. Would anyone know if just injecting the arms ONLY (switching each arm weekly) is O.K. ? I've asked the Enbrel "nurse" if was o.k. to just inject my arms only and the response was " You can inject your arms, thighs, and abdomen as shown in the instructions"   I've called the Enbrel "hotline" explaining the pain but got the same response. Has anyone just injected Enbrel only in the arms? 

THANKS!!!biggrin

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I've had similar experiences when injecting in my thigh .... might try my arm next time

• Posted

I started sitting mine out 1 day before i take it. It helped a little bit. I'm new to ENBREL also but mine is more of a hard pinch pain than a sting. I will try the pinch method

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.