intense derealization

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. I know I'm probably getting annoying with all the posts but I was wondering what your derealization feels like? I get it so bad that I literally question if things are real and then when I snap out of it I get weirded out how everything simply exists or why. And by everything I mean everything. For example I'll look at something and think how weird it is that it exists and it makes me feel really weird and dreamy and anxious. Then I start thinking about outer space and how we live on this planet that is so tiny compared to everything else out there. It's like everything I look at just looks made up and fake. It feels like the world is in my head at times and when I talk to people it's like i question if they are real. Of course I know they are but sometimes it's so intense i almost believe they aren't and it really freaks me out. When I do things it feels like im just floating or not me really doing it. It's strange and very intense. Does this sound like derealization or am I crazy?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I dont have this symptom but i have other symptoms of anxiety and i constantly freak out sometimes also anxiety is sooooo mean to our brains
  • Posted

it's so crazy and scary but it can't hurt us ;( we just have to try to accept it
    • Posted

Do you ever question if things are actually real? Or get weirded out by existence of yourself? Does this sound like derealization?
  • Posted

Hi Alison,

I'm suffering from anxiety too really bad, but mine is due to having long term chronic chest pain which the doctors "can't figure out" it's ruining my life! sad

Anyway the de-realisation thing.... I know all about it.

I seem to get mine when I'm driving in the car, or when I know I need to concentrate. It can then last from an hour to sometimes a week or so! For me it felt like an unpleasant drunk feeling. Sort of like I had 2 pints of beer so I wasent drunk but I was "tipsy". It would make conversations hard, and I felt like my mental knowledge was 0 compared to before. Almost like a "foggy head". The only way it goes for me is if I completely destract myself by watching TV or having a shower or something and going to sleep. It will go eventually and probably come back and go again, I always get it, it's 100% anxiety. But you need to remember you won't always feel like this, I'm living proof, last weekend I was really bad with it today I'm fine smile it will go smile

• Posted

Do you guys ever get these feelings or questions with derealization?
    • Posted

I always feel like everything is fake or sometimes it's not me actually doing it. It's weird. Like ill be showering or doing the dishes or just anything and just be weirded out by my surroundings it all seems so fake. I feel like im on drugs but I'm not lol
    • Posted

I know exactly how you feel it's scary I don't get how it's a good thing and how it's our brain protecting us when it's actually causing us to panic lol
    • Posted

I know I have it all the time. It feels like im new to being a human or something if that makes sense. Like im now just experiencing what it's like lol it's very uncomfortable
    • Posted

I feel like I'm gonna lose control senses of reality I hate it so much
    • Posted

I feel like that at times. It feels like things are imaginary at times. Everything I do geels weird. Life is weird
    • Posted

"I know I have it all the time. It feels like im new to being a human or something if that makes sense. Like im now just experiencing what it's like lol it's very uncomfortable"

That does make sense to me, I feel the same way and it's horrible. I can remember how life used to feel when I was normal but I just can't seem to get back into that frame of mind.

I'm over analysing everything until it seems to lose meaning. I keep worrying that things don't make sense to me, life in general but also everyday things, and sometimes when I speak I'll think does that actually make sense.

• Posted

Do you sometimes feel as though you're not human even though you know you are?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.