intense euphoric feeling

Posted ,

occasionally, i have periods of intense joy and happiness that it brings me to tears, this happens when i find a character, or tv show, or person that makes me smile every time i see them, that is constantly on my mind. after a week, or sometimes months, years long i lose attachment when separated from that person or thing.

i feel estranged after being separated from them, the connection and overwhelming joy isn’t there, it’ll come in sparks but never stay, not when im away from it.

at times when my source of joy is a person i tend to put them on a pedestal, idolise them and stuff, think of them as everything good in the world. but then when they show negative emotions and we argue, i feel, like ive been betrayed. like it was all a lie, like they never really cared and, in moments like those that’s all i can see in them, and i become super bitter and passive aggressive.

once that angers faded and we are apart for a few months and see each other again after, i just feel emotionally detached and uncaring, like when i think of them leaving me i feel nothing at the thought, and i sometimes get annoyed when they interact with me, but i don’t want them to go? i just don’t understand, i don’t know what i feel, feels like i have no real control, like it changes constantly.

that’s all i have to say think, i am autistic so i think maybe this is because of hyper fixation? and just .. i dunno, i'm only recently diagnosed so i still don’t understand much, any words of wisdom appreciated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.