Intense flare maybe brought on by Nuclear Stress Test?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning my friends.....I had a Thallium nuclear stress test done last thursday which went ok considering a treadmill was involved cry That said, friday I felt not great but ok, but friday night started the major flare (big toe nerve issues both feet, muscular skeletal strains, shoulders, etc., you all know the story I'm sure.  Today being 1 week later, I'm still in this nasty flare.  Has anyone experienced a "Thallium" induced flare?  I really didn't think that would have any impact on my FMS so either it's coinsidental or I was quite wrong.  I also have PPP (palmoplantar pustulosis) a more rare form of psoriasis and between the FMS and the PPP, feeding of each other, when one flares, the other exacerbates...so I'm just a mess sad  On a brighter note.....I know this too shall pass (I hope so anyway) Wishing you all a painfree day !! Gentle hugs  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi ---Always something ---hopefully it passes soon.  I am in a flare too---with Fibro, osteoporosis & severe arthritis of the spine.  Whew..
    • Posted

Oh my goodness Marie...I do hope your flare eases quickly as you do have alot to deal with.  Thanks so much for you reply.  Wishing you pain free days ahead .....gentle hugs
  • Posted

Poor you Susan..I'm really feeling for you.....I have not even heard of what you had....but, yes as you say it will pass..grr...don't they always....hopefully it's just coincidental...especially if you were stressed over the test..really hope things settle down for you it's 11am-Friday here...looks to be a lovely day too..really hope you have a nice pain free day..and a fabulous weekend too..be blessed Susan.gentle hugs from over the seas..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for your sweet reply christine, you have put a smile on my face..wishing you a lovely, painfree weekend as well....gentle hugs from the states !  By the way, it is 10:00pm Thursday here in New Jersey smile
    • Posted

I think it is pretty cool that we can all communicate even with that big ocean between us.
    • Posted

I totally agree !!  Hope your having at least a tolerable weekend...biggrin
    • Posted

For sure Marie ..I jut love it..I feel like I have family connections  all over the world now...we all care soo much about each other with genuine care, really empathetic to each other on here, because we all know what life with Fibro is really like....I know some people have real trouble believing and comprehending all the different issues we can go through..even doctors do that...lol, ..however,  I gotta say I just find that many of us just never ever comprehend peoples hidden health issue too..I've just had a brilliant fruitful weekend..I'm soo tired, I don't work...but I'm still having my Mondays off doing absolutely nothing...as I usual do...lol..if I didn't,  I know what's

coming..grrr...thankfully., I've had this long enough now to know that..I hope you've had or are having a lovely weekend, be blessed.:-) xxx

• Posted

Hi Suzi -  I strongly dislike stress test.  It's almost like they want to kill you----well maybe not ----but that what it seems like.  Is everyone having a good day?  What do you take for pain?  And does it help you?  Here in the states - I'm in Pennsylvania---next door to the Jersey gal , they do not want to provide narcotics for chronic pain.  I get it but I need to find something to get some relief.  Because I have an esophagus issue I am not given arthritis type meds.  I need to find something that works.  Does anyone take Neurontin?  Well time for bed.  You in the UK are most likely sleeping soundly.  Hope you wake up feeling great.
    • Posted

Hi Marie....I do believe I'm the "jersey gal" haha looks like we are neighbors biggrin I am unable to take any type of narcotic due to the nausea that I get from them. I take Advil liquigels but I do take them quite sparingly, making sure to take a prevacid at the start of my day, each day, as I too have an esophagus issue as well as a hiatal hernia, my gastroenterologist is the one who told me to take the prevacid (I take the generic btw).  As I mentioned on a previous reply to another fibro sufferer, I invested in a vitamix so that I could incorporate anti-inflammatory foods into my diet daily. Yup, those green smoothies !  Believe it or not, by consuming ginger, tumeric, cucumber, celery, spinach, apple, the juice of a lemon, and lime, I drink this each morning and it has helped me a bit so that I can stave off overdosing on Advil.  On most days, I usually take 3 in am and try to only take 2 before bed.  At bedtime, I take 1 mg. xanax and 4 mg. Zaniflex (generic tizanadine) it's a muscle relaxer that helps induce sleep and lessens my body muscle twitches and foot cramping.  I also take vitamin supplements, C, B12, Bcomplex, magnesium, d3, calcium, and of course a multi....Not sure if I mentioned them all, due to me seriously not having a mind!  I remember nothing and forget everything...that's a real problems these days.  Also, I'd like to mention that I am the only female in my family who does NOT have MS, my sister and 2 first cousins are stricken with it, my rhematologist tells me, I walk the fine line of MS...My dad was on Neurontin for a drop foot and as I recall, he had no adverse effects from it...Wish I had more info for you.....sleep well, wishing you painfree days ahead !!  BTW, I think I may have turned the corner with this flare, starting to feel a bit better as of the last hour or so. Gentle hugs my neighbor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.