Intense hunger pangs after upper endoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having very intense hunger pangs since my endoscopy 2 days ago. It's relieved for the most part by eating, but I've been having to eat about every 2-3hrs to keep the pains away. I had the procedure because of some pains, gas, bloating I've been having for a while now under my left rib. They suspected an ulcer but Dr said the only thing he found was some inflammation where my esophagus meets my stomach. He did take a biopsy. The pains come in waves and feel like muscle contractions. If I don't eat soon after they start I feel like I'm going to be sick. I've never had this before even when extremely hungry. I'm worried something is not right since they say you shouldn't have any stomach discomfort afterwards. I did call and talk to a nurse. They said unless I'm running a fever or the pain gets worse to just keep eating frequent small meals. Kinda regret having the procedure done. Anyone else have this happen?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

did this resolve for you? gosh this is making me rethink having mine done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.