Intense itching for 1 month!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had an intense itching starting one month ago - when I itch the area turns really red with a few bumps - I went to my gp in croatia and I was diagnosed with allergic reaction and got injection and antihistamines - didnt work, week after I got injection for allergy again and different antihistamines + corticosteroids cream (if thats right) - that didnt work although symptomps were quiet for a bit then a week later really intense itching that wakes me up at nights and makes it hard to do day-to-day chores. So weird bumps appeared on hands, abdomen, chest, groin and around waist - again intense itching. Since im studying in the uk i went to see my gp here and he told me it is not an allergy and he was really confused - after i mentioned him scabies he told me it might be so he prescribed me permethrin yesterday but its still itchy and I think new bumps are appearing on hands and waist. I am really confused and tired of this - any suggestions? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.