Intense pain 3 months after knee arthroscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

In had surgery 12 weeks ago for a meniscus tear had 8 weeks off work amd felt like i was able to return to work just having a little swlling and aching pain, ive been back at work 4 weeks ( i am a delivery driver work involves picking ,packing small and heavy items loading van ,driving and delivering) an have experienced some sharp pain twinges in the front lower part of the knee while loading the van the other day this twinge came on i turn took 1 step and couldnt weight bear at all the slightest bit of weight on my knee brought the pain on again i was off my feet and on crutches again for 2 days i can now walk but that feeling like its going to go again is constantly there any idea of what could be causing this sharp intense pain in my front mid  lower knee

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Im in the same situation.  Heading back to my surgeon this week.  I still have a degenerative tear, along with cartilage loss, its obviously the degenerative meniscus tear and loss of cartilage that now causes me grief.  I will chat further to my surgeon this week.  Keep up your strength exercises.  I find driving causes chronic pain, due to the external rotation at the hip and knee flexion.  You may wish to look at stem cell injections or Plasma, this is most likely my only option.  I also had a cortisone injection, which didn't work.     Good luck.    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.