Intense pain in the upper stomach and diarrhea

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

3 day ago I started to have a really high fever that lasted 5 hours, when I passed a stool and it went away. It was weird because I defecate every day without problem. After that stool all hell broke loose and I had almost constant (every 30 min-1h) diarrhea for the next day. Almost every diarrhea gave me a very intense pain, that I needed to lay on a floor for a few minutes. I bought some medicine to stop the diarrhea and it helped a bit. I only needed to visit a toilet every 4 hours or so, I could eat normally and I felt rather well. Tonight things worsened, because I had to wake up and volontarly pass a half diarrhea half normal stool to get rid of a pain in my upper stomach that was building up when I slept. I have to do it every 2 hours and the pain is sometimes very strong, but is almost gone when I defecate. I don't know if I should visit a doctor, because there is a clear improvement in the quality of my stool and I can survive the pain. But it prohibits me from working and I don't know if I will be able to work tomorrow. Please let me know if you can help me somehow.

By the way, I didn't eat any new or expired foods recently.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi kamil75263

You may have picked up a stomach bug from somewhere. Have you had a takeaway or eaten in a restaurant or cafe'?. ..Just take fluids to wash the bug out of your stomach and intestines/bowel. Don't eat because you will be feeding the the bug...give it a few more days if it shows no sign of abating see your doctor for a stool test. I would stay away from work as you may infect others at your workplace...

• Posted

Hi there

just stick to water for 24hrs. You may have picked up a gastro virus, even by touching things like hand rails, door handles etc or in the work place/shops etc. Not always from what u ingest. If no improvement then I would see a dr or talk to a pharmasist.

good luck.

• Posted

By all means see a doctor because this will only return and continue. You probably have high blood pressure and dehydration.

• Posted

hi kamil

you will also be something to boost you hydration. get pedia-lite to help you . if you don't you might get weak and very sick. if you try drinking water and sport drinks by just sipping them not drinking too fast. you will feel better. if you go to hospital you might need iv to get your electrolytes back to normal. that is the key to feeling better. wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

Sounds like a stomach bug; see your doctor if it goes on longer than a week

• Posted

Such events happen after bacterial infection. I personally think, that things like these are of concern mainly when it continues even after taking medication from doctor. But since you have not taken any medication from the doctor, it's better you should consult one. And don't panic, or fill up with negative thoughts. It just adds up to problems. As I said, it may be possible, that it's a simple bacterial infection, which is very common and goes after a 7-10 days of medications provided by doctors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.