Intense pain left side of abdomen

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been taking Lansoprazole 30mg for a few years now and was diagnosed with IBS about 7 months ago, we also have a family history of it. Since then I’ve had to take Buscopan on and off, but this past week I’ve felt very nauseous and have had really bad pains on the left side of my bowel starting from the top of my stomach under rib bone and going right down, sometimes to my groin. It’s a stabbing pain and then a burning. Could this be IBS? I thought it may be because I’ve been drinking more fizzy drinks than usual and gin and tonics (haven’t for the past couple of days since the pain got really bad). Please help! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Fizzy drinks are not always good for IBS and may have caused a flare up.  Some people get stabbing abdominal pain or burning in their stomach with IBS.   Nausea is also part of it.  Keep tsking Buscopan until it settles.  You can take it three times a day.
    • Posted

Thanks pippa58442 

I seen my GP today and she thinks it's being caused by acid reflux, so I'm to take 30mg of Lansoprazole AM and 30mg PM for 2-4 weeks and monitor. 

• Posted

Acid reflux is part of IBS and it affects me too.  Only stop gin and tonics if you find they affect you.  Don't worry about grammar and typos; there is no edit feature to correct them.  A lot of typos get into my posts.

• Posted

I’m not asking him to edit it, I was suggesting he gets it right in the first place xx 
    • Posted

I was making light of writing mistakes because I see so many online and although it is annoying, I can’t get too excited about it because there are more important things tp get concerned about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.