Intense pubic area itching??

Posted , 9 users are following.

horrific post title 😦

but does anyone else here get intense itching where there pubic area is? it's not b.c of shaving, I used to get that sometimes before all this peri hell but this is totally diff. this is more like an internal itch and I've gotten it before in my boobs. i feel like it has to be estrogen related and tho I still feel at times my suffering has to be more than hormones, it makes me feel like all this is in fact hormones. no other illness would make you itch so intensely in that area. it's annoying but I could take it easily over my debilitating symptoms.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Hello LKL... Are you post menopause, or are you still in Peri? You are right ....it’s estrogen related and it’s maddening !! But at least you know what’s going on and that is huge 😉 Women notice vaginal itching more often during menopause, due to low levels of estrogen. Which can make the vaginal tissues drier and thinner than usual. This is called, vaginal atrophy, or atrophic vaginitis. It can make the vagina/vulva feel itchy, painful. It may also make sex more painful. if you call your pharmacist, I think he can recommend something for it, less expensive than the doctor, and pharmacists know a thousand times more than the doctors 😉

• Edited

I.m in peri. But no. it's not vaginal itching it's actually in pubic area where my pubic hairs are.

• Posted

Lkl.... Just ignore that “Ladywear“ person, what a rude nim whit. Its probably a man pretending to be a woman to vent his frustrations on here. No woman would say that to another woman ! Anyhoo, it’s still estrogen related, try taking a Benadryl and see if that helps. It’s one of the stages of perimenopause, it’s maddening I know;) Also, block that 'ladywear', she’s got no business talking to anybody like that on this forum. People like that need to be blocked and ignored ! Have a good day !

• Edited

thanks for your response. this is a minmal symptom for me but bc i have been so sick over this last year, anything that I know is hormone related, helps to ease my mind and tell me that as unbelievable as it is, it's prob all hormones. this one I.m almost positive is estrogen/hormone related, so. I actually welcome it as crazy as that sounds. I agree, no one who has ever been thru this, especially the extreme end of it would make a comment like that. as horrible as it sounds, I have actually wished for cancer at times b.c with that, you know what you are dealing with. you either get better or die. this is a beast that is completely foreign and has no ending in site. oh. and you dont get disability for it either. you have to struggle thru every moment and still handle life responsibilities. horrific.

• Posted

yes i do. it will happen for a couple of days and then disappear for a while. it either wakes me up or i notice it when i am trying to go to sleep. the fact that it wakes me up makes me believe that it is hormones. does it feel prickly? lol. i know all this sounds so funny (we have to laugh its so bad sometimes) and sorry i missed whatever comment that was.

• Edited

I really wish someone would answer this question as I am also driven mad by this itch, its in the mons pubis area, and its not crabs or scabies or any of those infections that people throw at you when you describe it to them.

Its an intense itch that comes from no where, it can wake you up and the more you scratch it the worse it is but I have noticed that if I scratch until the point of pain and even blood it goes just as quick as it come

This started with my menopause and

has just worsened over time

the doctor gave me vag~lube but he was as well if he had given me a bottle of water as it has no effect.

The only way I can describe it is as if its something under my skin nipping me or crawling under there and unless I bring the blood rushing to the skin surface it drives me insane

someone please help or explain what it is before i am driven mad

• Posted

What you describe is exactly what I have! And it's also driving me crazy. Did you find a solution, a treatment that worked?

• Posted

Did you find a solution, a treatment that worked?

• Posted

Finally, a gynecologist gave me a treatment that works. He saw very small patches of dry skin (they appeared after more than 6 months with no visible signs) and he asked me to try an antifungal cream called “Ciclopirox”. It worked in 2 days, but I kept applying it for 3 weeks. It has been more than 2 months since then and I haven’t had any itch. It is worth trying it even if there are no visible signs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.